Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Toure's clearing in the woods of an agent now saying he will stay at City. Obviously no-one can afford his wages. Lucky City eh?

Sounds like a announcement to save embarrassment that no club thinks he's value for money. Doubt City especially want to keep him.

Especially since a week or two ago they were trying to offer him as a makeweight for Pogba if the papers are to be believed. 

(Yes, I know the papers are rarely to be believed, but that story did have the ring of truth about it). 

if they've got 1 more year of FFP compliance they probably wanted his £200k a week wages freed up to pay for a couple of players

id be surprised if he didnt get offers from the middle east and yank land, wouldnt be surprised if the city owners tried to ship him off to new york either, they've only got 1 DP (villa) lampard will soon be the 2nd, i thought they could have 3

if they've got 1 more year of FFP compliance they probably wanted his £200k a week wages freed up to pay for a couple of players

id be surprised if he didnt get offers from the middle east and yank land, wouldnt be surprised if the city owners tried to ship him off to new york either, they've only got 1 DP (villa) lampard will soon be the 2nd, i thought they could have 3

I doubt he would agree and apparently Drogba is coming to NYCFC. Toure had a bad season, but he still could find his previous form next season, but with that being said, City should still look to ship him out. There was some statistic that City won more matches without Toure, and my mate who follows City said Toure has become a problem. 

• 1 month later...

City at this moment in time have 2 English players Joe Hart & Richard Wright.

Furthermore they have 18 first team players that would not qualify under the home grown rules, so every foreign player they sign will mean one of the other players will have be cut from the match day squad, they are right on the brink at the moment as Clichy qualifies as a home grown. 

Their transfer policy, and the calibre of players they have signed the past 5 years and the value for money they have gotten has been nothing short of fricking abysmal.

Spunking £49m on Sterling, not being able to con English talent anymore, and seemingly unable to attract players like Pogba...I think Citeh have peaked. It's all downhill from here.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

They'll spunk £30m on a striker in January if they don't get one in before September 1st. 

The council house should hold 55,000 next season too.  I'd almost forgotten they were expanding this summer. 

They are looking to play a 4-2-3-1 so they really only need 3 quality strikers for that. Sterling, Aguero, and Bony are good options. 

Sterling will play out wide surely, he gets marked out of the game too easily upfront. We barely saw him in the cup semi final remember.

Being linked with Berahino now.

Currently losing 4-0 to Stuttgart, extremely strong team as well.

You can't read anything into pre season games. Even a 'strong' team can just cruise through a pre season game at 70%.

Arsenal tore Man City a new one in the community shield last season. They didn't beat them in the league and finished below them. Pre season is a warm up for the real thing, some teams tend not to go all out.

Â