Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Pellegrini won't be there next season, surely the owners will demand better in Europe.

Yes toure has been a disgrace, you could tell after the cake incident he wasn't going to try. Hindsight they would've been better selling, but then there is always the risk you sellingn one of the worlds best players on his day.

If you can't rely on him to be consistent and you have the resources to get someone in you can rely on then it's time to get rid.   I'd rather have a guy who is a guaranteed 8/10 every week than somebody who is a 10/10 for an hour of every third match and a virtual passenger the rest of the time.  

Man City and their fans seem to have skipped that bit were you are excited about the Champions League.

Yeah it's strange.

I think as a club they just don't get it. The fans still have a small club mentality really. I've seen Noel Gallagher say that they just don't quite get European nights, it's just not in their upbringing/culture. I think a lot of their fans kinda wish they were shit again. They would all rather win the Premier League over the Champions League which is a bit strange. 

I was at the Villa v Ajax game and there was an excitement and "big game" feel in the air, the atmosphere was electric and you could just tell by the way people were talking in the pub before the game that it had a real European night feel to it.

I also went to Man City v Roma a few weeks back, there was no buzz, no excitement, no songs, no atmosphere, barely any fans at the game!

Why Man City are like this I do not know, part of me thinks it's from buying their way there, although they spend like a big club, they're really not.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

He doesn't do enough Pellegrini.

In the Premier League, against shit like Villa, you can get by because good players like Toure will eventually saunter through and ram one in from 20 yards.

In the Champions League, teams are better across the board and are good enough to take you on.

I worked at the City game and CSKA were OK, quite a tidy side, but City were coasting and just expecting to turn them over.

Pellegrini barely adapts to any fixture, just names a 442 and sends them out without a plan.

They're out of the CL and will probably come second in the leauge. If they win the FA Cup again it might save him his job.

• Like 1

They won't get anywhere with Mike Bassett in charge.

"We will be playing 4-4-****-2"

Wenger and Pellegrini are absolute dinosaurs, stubborn old ****, stuck in their ways, both these club need some fresh blood.

Get Simeone over here, he's a man not afraid to mix things up.

yet they combined to win all 3 English domestic trophies last season ahead of the media super coaches Mourinho and Rodgers :D

Yet both of those coaches have been found out time and time again in Europe over the past 10 years.

Shows how poor the Premier League was last year, coupled with the fact 'that' United team won the league the season before.

Nasri, Toure, Dzeko...all lazy, but all really good players when they feel like putting in the effort. Dracula doesn't seem like much of a motivator, and Brian Kidd isn't lighting any fires under feet. Mark Hughes would probably have them playing better than this!

That's 3-5 years away yet. Pep has a contract with Bayern until 2016, I presume he will sign at least one extension if things go well before getting itchy feet and moving on. He'll probably want to manage in England at some point and I guess City are one of a very small handful of clubs who can attract him.  

Nasri, Toure, Dzeko...all lazy, but all really good players when they feel like putting in the effort. Dracula doesn't seem like much of a motivator, and Brian Kidd isn't lighting any fires under feet. Mark Hughes would probably have them playing better than this!

they didnt play in 2nd season fo Mancini either. maybe it isnt the managers fault when players like Toure are stealing a living

they didnt play in 2nd season fo Mancini either. maybe it isnt the managers fault when players like Toure are stealing a living

Mancini is notorious for losing dressing rooms though. Didn't necessarily expect the same from Count D after he got them playing again.

No idea who will be next, but it will be a big name.

Â