Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

• 2 weeks later...

im sure i'd seen somewhere that tickets had dropped down to £10 for adults £5 for kids too

city have the same "been there before" mentality as the rest of the big clubs that go to wembley twice a year and part of me doesnt really blame them, the FA caused part of that problem when they put the semi finals there, saw 1 city on twitter say its this game or a CL away game, that for me is a no brainer, CL every time, but what city do have is this weird sort of victim mentality that they are proper fans, there will be some staying away from this game genuinely believing that they are protesting in some way against the FA or various other bodies or the london media or some other bullshit

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

De Bruyne done his knee apparently bad injury

Where did you hear about that?

Edit: Just saw it's now the headline on BBC Sport 

Edited by Mozzavfc

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

De Bruyne done his knee apparently bad injury

Meh, they have enough talent to cope without him for a couple of months and then he'll be back raring to go for the last 6 months of the season. 

Manchester City winger Patrick Roberts has joined La Liga side Girona on a season-long loan deal.

The 21-year-old has spent the last two-and-a-half seasons on loan at Celtic, scoring 15 goals in 55 league appearances for the Scottish champions.

Roberts has made just one Premier League appearance for City since joining from Fulham in July 2015.

Why didn't he just stay at Fulham..

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Anyone watched the All or Nothing series? 

Meant to be excellent

I’ve started it. I’ve watched the first 4 episodes, and must admit, it is brilliant. 

It’s intriguing to see the inner workings of the football club and dressing room. Even showing transfer dealings, and the Laporte transfer. 

There were a few cringe moments with digs at Utd and Mourinho, but other than that it is fantastic to watch. 

The teamwork and camaraderie is superb, and it makes you understand how they did so well. 

I liked Pep before, but he has gone up in my estimations moreso watching this series so far!

• Like 1

commented in the tv thread it seems a little "global" for me at the start which i found hard

have seen the comment from someone who watched it all that delph is a football caveman so interested to see how he comes across compared to some of his more gifted team mates

• 2 weeks later...

still firmly believe he took city on because of the noisy neighbours marketing, piggy backed utd's global marketing in a really clever way that he simply couldnt have done if he had bought us

10 years, bought them for £200m, he's spent around £1.4bn on players, probably another £200-300m on infrastructure, bought another 6 clubs around the world but this "play thing" tag, they gave away £20m worth of land to the local community, contributed £3m to local leisure facilities, huge growth for etihad (which is now a $9bn turnover $100m profit a year company) 5-8% annual growth in Abu Dhabi tourism, they might lose some money on city but everything attached to it in their name is growing rapidly

but...the biggest thing for me is for all that "success" 3 league titles, 1 FA cup, 3 league cups, 2 charity shields, 0 european cups, if you say they compete for 6 trophies a year so 60 in ten years and they've won 9/60 (utd 13/60, chelsea 11) thats not success IMO they have never retained a trophy, certainly not dominated anything, i think they've had some poor managers, pep already has 3 of those 9 trophies, he needs to dominate english football

• Like 1

It is so boring to watch them most of the time.

It isn’t their fault but it’s 9 times out of 10 them stroking the ball around like a training game and the oppostion with all 11 players in their final third playing damage control from the first minute.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

still firmly believe he took city on because of the noisy neighbours marketing, piggy backed utd's global marketing in a really clever way that he simply couldnt have done if he had bought us

Don't forget the near brand new stadium built by the local council for the Commonwealth Games. In an area of Manchester that offered lots of room for easy expansion.

• Like 2

Â