Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

39 minutes ago, av1 said:

I remember when MON said we should aspire to be like Everton. There were lots of us (and i include myself in this) that thought he should have been aiming higher. Oh how times change :(

At that time we should we were on a par with them then.

• Like 1

It's a real shame that the Man City players are not up to the Pep football philosophy. Nothing to do with him, it's the players (and of course that doesn't include the players he bought in the summer and they are also being let down by the ones he inherited.

If he has another 3x £200m transfer windows then he might be able to do something.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

At that time we should we were on a par with them then.

And Everton are this strange team that do things properly whatever that means and everyone likes them and thinks they're a great team with a fantastic old proper stadium...what do they actually do? Bring through youth players sell them finish 7th-10th, awesome

i don't fully get why they're darlings, they're a bit of a nothing team in my head, we rolled the dice and lost, Everton did **** all and stayed doing **** all and somehow come out of it smelling of roses 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And Everton are this strange team that do things properly whatever that means and everyone likes them and thinks they're a great team with a fantastic old proper stadium...what do they actually do? Bring through youth players sell them finish 7th-10th, awesome

i don't fully get why they're darlings, they're a bit of a nothing team in my head, we rolled the dice and lost, Everton did **** all and stayed doing **** all and somehow come out of it smelling of roses 

Not really the thread to get into it but safe to say I don't really agree.

• Like 1

How can a club with unlimited funds for 6/7 years still have such a inbalanced side with areas of massive concern like defence?

A club with the funds they have should be buying top players in their prime. Not blowing £30m on "maybe" players like their latest player from South America and bloody John Stones.

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

How can a club with unlimited funds for 6/7 years still have such a inbalanced side with areas of massive concern like defence?

A club with the funds they have should be buying top players in their prime. Not blowing £30m on "maybe" players like their latest player from South America and bloody John Stones.

City want to be self sufficient though, so buying plays like Gabi Jesus, who will have a high re-sale value (or be there for ages) make sense for them. I do agree that they've made a mess of transfers overall though.

Â