Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

• 2 months later...

Anyone else get pissed off with these T-shirt messages that seem to out after every goal. I can see the FA getting fed up with it too soon.

877949-14771153-640-480.jpg

Carlos Tevez with the name of hios childhood neighbourhood

877948-14771142-640-220.jpg

Tevez again with a more specific reference to building he grew up in and Nasri with a reference to Ramadam.

Balotelli-Why-Always-Me-500x293.jpg

Ballotelli being a c0ck.

I think pre-printed 'messages' after every goal is a bit too much now. Anyone agree?

Up until recently it has been 'now and then' but Man City seem to be having pre-printed (complete with kit manufacturers logo) shirts displayed after every goal for stupid places like the area Tevez grew up. The football field is not the place and after a goal is not the time.

Guttierez at Newcastle has to be the worst with that Spiderman mask.

Took him something like 2 seasons to finally score for them having had it shoved in his pants the whole time.

He earned his **** salary the day he scored having to put that over his head..... :puke:

Maybe something like a salary cap would help ?

Good point.

If Man United can only offer the same wages as Wigan Athletic then maybe a player would be more likely to be loyal and stay at Wigan.

If Man Utd can only offer the same wages as Wigan Athletic then the player would go and play for Inter Milan or Bayern instead, who could pay more.

Salary cap will only work if all the countries agree to do it at the same time.

Even then you'll have to convince all the players currently on contracts that they'll have to sign a new contract on considerably less money.

Maybe something like a salary cap would help ?

Good point.

If Man United can only offer the same wages as Wigan Athletic then maybe a player would be more likely to be loyal and stay at Wigan.

If Man Utd can only offer the same wages as Wigan Athletic then the player would go and play for Inter Milan or Bayern instead, who could pay more.

Salary cap will only work if all the countries agree to do it at the same time.

Even then you'll have to convince all the players currently on contracts that they'll have to sign a new contract on considerably less money.

It would be almost impossible to implement a salary cap, the number of inducements or outside influences would be a nightmare to track - I wouldn't have the first clue how to track the tax and legal minefield of player earnings, but what I can do is count to 20.

We should reduce all squads to 20 players (plus as many under 20's as you like) and reduce the number of subs available in any game to 5.

Then City could still have the very best 20 players in the world and keep the league full of celebrities and strong in foreign TV markets, but then when they have injuries, they're affected in the same way as anyone else.

It would mean that having the right blend of players and using them properly would matter a whole lot more than it does now - it'd make the manager a little bit more important to success and the owner a little bit less important to success. Which is how it should be.

It'd mean that teams like us could afford to compete with the bigger teams on the continent in terms of salary - reduce the number of big salaries you're paying out and you can pay the group that's left more on average. A Premier league with less £20k a week fillers and more £80k a week players would mean the big names would stay put in England.

Of course, when you're currently allowed to have the kind of squad Utd have, and you can afford it like Citeh can or Chelsea can, then there's not going to be any real support to change that to the detriment of these teams - and from a TV perspective these sides are the movie equivalents of Tom Cruise, Batman and Star Wars - easy box office; SKY don't pay all that money to sell Villa vs Wigan - that means they have way too much influence and it means that even the slightest move towards parity just isn't going to happen in the current climate.

The NFL draft system is much better.

Whoever finishes lasts gets the first pick (of the best young players) in the draft. Whoever finishes first gets the last pick.

There's no relegation/promotion though. So ultimately small clubs will always remain small clubs, big clubs will always be big clubs. How is that fair?

Not really.

The "small clubs" will get access to the best young players in the draft which help them them improve and catch up with the "big clubs."

The big clubs never get relegated in England anyway.

Depends on your definition of big clubs.

If you use the Sky definition then that only relates to Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea as well as now, Man City.

However, Leeds United are a big club, Sheffield Wednesday are a big club, Sheffield United to a slightly lesser extent, Nottingham Forest could be argued as a big club, Blackburn - not what I would class as big club but nevertheless one of only five teams to win the Premier League.

Compare these to some of the current incumbents of Premier League spots - Wigan, Swansea, QPR, Fulham, Stoke, Reading, Norwich - none of these are big clubs.

Point being, you're wrong ;)

However, Leeds United are a big club, Sheffield Wednesday are a big club, Sheffield United to a slightly lesser extent, Nottingham Forest could be argued as a big club, Blackburn - not what I would class as big club but nevertheless one of only five teams to win the Premier League.

also Newcastle were relegated only 3 years ago and they are a big enough club.

• 1 month later...

They need to stop playing 3 at the back. There's no need for them to change from the formation last year. Seemed to work for them.

Though, Kompany has been off form which is really surprising. Was an absolute monster last season.

• 4 weeks later...

Mancini held secret talks with Monaco last season before signing his five-year deal at Citeh. :ph34r:

Citeh's new director of football and the new chief executive previously worked at Barcelona so maybe it's a matter of time before Guardiola's arrival.

Yep, I can't see Mancini lasting beyond this season, regardless of what they might win. If they get bounced from all three cups, and they hit a rough patch in the league, he might even get the sack during the season.

Yep, I can't see Mancini lasting beyond this season, regardless of what they might win. If they get bounced from all three cups, and they hit a rough patch in the league, he might even get the sack during the season.

Well, they've certainly been bounced from one cup mate. Heard they got shafted 2-4, at home.

Â