Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Haven't spoken to a Man City fan I have known for years for about 2 months now, his head and attitude has got so big, he thinks he is the fountain of all knowledge on football, has become a complete arse so much that he just spoke so much crap when I spoke to him I just stopped, some of the attitudes on here of City fans are the same. Always used to love chatting football with Man City fans too, can't do that anymore though.

23 is retired because it was Marc Vivien Foe's number, who was a City player when he died on the pitch in the 2003 Confederations Cups. We have a lovely memorial garden for him as well outside Eastlands that's cared for by the fans.

Yeah, but it's not Citeh's garden; they just waited for a gardner to finish putting time, effort, and money into growing and nurturing his plot then 1 week before the Chelsea Flower Show offered him an obscene amount of money for it.

I don't care if Damocles thinks that's in poor taste, I think that's brilliant. :D

It is quite amusing how we managed to flog them Barry on his last year of his contract for 12million whilst buying their captain for 5.5...

:lol: cracking bit of business that!

How old is Stephen Ireland? Is there a danger we could flog them Jimmy Milner and then take Stephen and turn him into next years young player of the year?

I went to see Borussia Dortmund play against City last night as I live out here at the moment. I couldn't believe how slow Barry was! I'm not sure if i'd forgotten or he has actually got slower! I think with hindisght, getting rid of him was a great bit of business! He gave a away the saftest penalty after 5mins, I was wetting myself!!! I say bring in Ireland and let's get this season cracking... UTV

Am I the only one who thinks that Man City have bought some very average players (Silva, Toure2) that no one else actually wants, and paid stupid money for them?

Last year they did it with Adebayor, Toure1, Lescott and Barry.

It just looks like they are anyones patsy and there to be screwed over.

fully agreed mr trees.

For the £350m+ on transfers how many world class players do they have in their squad?

For me they have only 1 and thats Tevez. For that kind of outlay they are nowhere near where the owners would hope they would be.

Some useless defending in that friendly. Will need to be a lot better than that come the start of the PL season.

Am I the only one who thinks that Man City have bought some very average players (Silva, Toure2) that no one else actually wants, and paid stupid money for them?

Also, yes.

Is that yes you agree or yes he's the only one?

Anyway, I think it's not that their first 11 is all that amazing because it isn't all that, it is that their 2nd 11 would probably finish in the top 8 that makes them very dangerous.

Is that yes you agree or yes he's the only one?

Anyway, I think it's not that their first 11 is all that amazing because it isn't all that, it is that their 2nd 11 would probably finish in the top 8 that makes them very dangerous.

Yes to the second bit, I was agreeing but reading it back my response doesn't really make sense.

ha. Toure isnt even as good as viera.

but he has a hard shot though :drowsy:

He might not be as good as a peak Viera was, but he is still an exceptional player.

City have a really good squad of players, they certainly have enough to be title challengers this year. Sure, they are using the throw everything at the wall and see what sticks strategy, but still, if they can afford it then more power to em.

The one concern they must have is what will happen if they buy an entirely new team every summer, because we all know they will try to buy "galacticos" if they qualify for the Champions League but a team needs time to gel if its going to be great, surely? Yes, you can get away with one or two additions to a team every year but not half a dozen.

Â