Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Before the game against Swansea they were ahead of the Chelsea team that holds the Premier League record for the most amount of points at the same stage and they were ahead of the Chelsea side that holds the Premier League record for the most goals at the same stage.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

But I thought he had a shit defence?

He does hence bad defeats to top teams in Europe and winning only 2 European Cups while managing all time greats

Same amount as Zidane

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He does hence bad defeats to top teams in Europe and winning only 2 European Cups while managing all time greats

Same amount as Zidane

"Only" two European cups.

He really is shit isn't he?

Yet still managing to set all time win records in the Europe's three biggest leagues. He must have some luck.

He's still only 46 and can win a heck of a lot more champions league, but if you only base how good a manager is on how many champions leagues he wins then its a little but narrow-minded, because the football he gets his teams to play is on a different level to anything anybody else has ever done. Yes you need good players but he makes good players into great ones. We're lucky to have him in the Premier League. I wish he was managing Villa but were are where we are and City are where they are and theres nothing we can do about it. 

• Haha 1

My inner Villa sense is that should Pep ever fancy a "challenge" and come to manage Villa it would all end up going horribly wrong. 

Pep would end up in prison or something on assault charges and Gabby would take over as caretaker manager. Seven draws, six losses and one win saw us to safety and he was given an 11yr contract. 

Look awesome. The sheer reluctance for some to give Pep any credit is hilarious, but expected nothing less :D

Incredible at the minute. I do think the opposition is a bit poor this season, but then it's like that every season. 

The quality in the Premier League has dropped a lot. But you can only beat what's in front of you and fair play to Pep/Citeh for that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

He had a bigger budget in Spain with Barca than Real had at the same time? Surely thats not right. 

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

With the best squads and budget ;)

It took a couple of minutes to work out that Real spent £436,000,000 during the Pep La Liga era and Barca spent £306,000,000. So he out performed big spenders. I guess that goes against the narrative though, doesnt it?

(www.transfrmarket.co.uk for the research if you're as bored as I am).

He's certainly beating what is being put in front of him, and beating them well. Its quite an achievement but there is for me, as others, this sense of it being slightly less of an achievement given he's effectively playing Football Manager with cheat mode enabled (again).

It'll never happen but I'd love to see him take a team from the next tier down into the top tier and keep them there.

5 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

It took a couple of minutes to work out that Real spent £436,000,000 during the Pep La Liga era and Barca spent £306,000,000. So he out performed big spenders. I guess that goes against the narrative though, doesnt it?

(www.transfrmarket.co.uk for the research if you're as bored as I am).

He's "only" spent about £30m more than Man Utd have spent (net) since he arrived in England too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The Man United squad was/is nowhere near as good or deep as Man City's.

Wasn't it? They finished on the same points the season before he joined under Pellegrini, who apparently was doing alright.

54 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Theres no doubt in my mind if he taken the United job instead of City he would have transformed them just the same. 

I think he would get to the same level but it would take slightly longer as he'd need to buy more players to get there.

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

"Only" two European cups.

Alex ferguson 'only' won two European cups, he must be shit too.

You have some bizarre opinions on football Zatman, hating pep and liking Sherwood. 

Edited by villa89

Â