Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

it will be a good challenge if he does takeover. obviously trying to establish city as the number 1 english club will be hard enough but making a relatively small club like city into a european super power in the champions league will be even harder. id love to see him over here.

in the whole scheme of things in european football yes they are a relatively small club. ok they have money to spend but they are yet to prove they can go toe to toe with the giants of european football. much bigger clubs in england let alone europe.

in the whole scheme of things in european football yes they are a relatively small club. ok they have money to spend but they are yet to prove they can go toe to toe with the giants of european football. much bigger clubs in england let alone europe.

Yeah I know that. A couple of weeks ago Jeff Stelling said Citeh are bigger than Dortmund

To be honest, City are in need of a massive clear out, they have far too much deadwood and far too many ageing players. Their spine has weakened (apart from Aguero of course), they are weak in central defence, with Kompany in particular looking on the down slide and in need of replacing, then in central midfield Toure hasn't really hit the heights of a two seasons ago and is rightfully on his way out. They have a lot of work to do. 

Mers had me in stitches yesterday when saying "if Sunderland win today Geoff, it throws the pigeons amongst the cats"  :crylaugh:

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 4

I've said before, Kompany isn't good enough for a team who want to compete at the top. He's a solid defender, but just as Man United won titles with O'Shea, it doesn't make him a top class player. They need to rebuild their defence and midfield... too many 'me me me' players.

• Like 2

add to that hes injury prone. as for toure well an happy toure is a monster of a player but i dont think hes happy and he aint getting any younger, also he goes missing in big champions league games which might indicate hes slightly overrated on that level. he would suit italian football and i think thats where he will be off.

the problem is with FFP  they wont get the money for Yaya to afford Pogba for example, quite frankly they only have Aguero, Silva, Hart and maybe Kompany that could get big money bids from other teams to strenghten the team for Europe

They need to ship out / will be losing lampard, toure, Milner, Sagna, demichelis, navas, clichey, jovetic, negredo

Which means they'll need at least 1 CB (shouldn't have sold nastasic), at least 2 midfielders, at least 1 winger, LB, back up RB, 1 striker

For the amount they've spent it's a bit scary how weak some bits of their squad looks, their squad has 3 proper class players in it, aguero, silva, zabaleta, all of the others they can do better with

there are a lot of overrated players there. only aguero who is one of the best in the world and silva do it for me, also like zabaletta but hes had an off season. hart for how much i hate him is a good strong keeper. not sure if pogba is the answer.

Â