Do people from Solihull consider themselves to be Brummies?

TRS-T

So I'm off to look at a kitchen showroom in Solihull tomorrow; as a Brummie, do I need a visa?

Which one ? (I am in the kitchen game )

Hardest game in the world, that. Thirty years, man and boy.

Ive always imagined people from solihull to use 3 silver spoons with their dessert

Then again whenever i've been to solihull i've been in and around the dickens heath area people dont appear to be short of cash round there lol

Even now I live in Northumberland I always state I come from Solihull not Birmingham when asked

and then people look at you with a blank expression, until you give up and have to explain its location as next to/part of Birmingham.

i always say i live in Bham to outsiders, but i say Solihull to someone from the West Midlands.

:D Yeah true, it does end up a longer conversation than it needs to be

Trst are you preparing a thesis about the socio-demographic of Birmingham or something? You love makin these kinda threads, man

All I remember about so-lee-hull is that it had some nice shops and it didn't seem much like Birmingham to me. Although they did sound Brummy.

Which makes me wonder...where do people start to sound Brummy? How east of Brum do you have to get. They don't sound Brummy where I live...how bout that, Trst?

Lol I dunno I just think of random intriguing questions.

Apparently the Coventry accent is more East Midlands than West Midlands.

Coventry is separated from the rest of the West Midlands so that's probably why.

Why not go to university and study sociology? If you can afford it of course.

Ive always imagined people from solihull to use 3 silver spoons with their dessert

No, but they do get out of the bath to have a piss

Then again whenever i've been to solihull i've been in and around the dickens heath area people dont appear to be short of cash round there lol

Dickens Heath is largely populated by chav builders and workmen who don't pay taxes and generally large it that they have loadsamoney.

And Alex McLeish lives there.......

North Solihull also known as Chelmsley Wood,Kingshurst etc class themselves as brummies for defo as South Solihull hate the North and would love to dispose of it as it's where most of the crime comes from and the Northerners of Solihull hate the South as they think they are stuck up arseholes as you can tell i am from the North and there is a great North South divide for real.

I could tell from the lack of punctuation and grammar.

Chelmsley Wood is a **** hole. Solihull on the whole is not, but it's my idea of suburban hell to be honest. The town center turns in to fight club post midnight as well.

I lived there for a while, though it was Birmingham side (Olton and Elmdon) so I never really classed myself as a Silihillian, nor would I ever wish to.

No, but they do get out of the bath to have a piss

Dickens Heath is largely populated by chav builders and workmen who don't pay taxes and generally large it that they have loadsamoney.

And Alex McLeish lives there.......

Does he really?

I have a few mates who live there (nearly moved there myself before I decided to buy a place) so I'll have to tell them to find him and let the air out of his tyres.

Incidentally, the chirpse in Mortons in Dickens Heath on a Friday Night is pretty special

Â