Relocation due to work

Xela

Have any of you relocated due to work? Or would you if a good opportunity arose? If any of you did, how did you find the experience? Good points and bad. Did you go on your own or did you have family to take with you?

There may be the possibility that I have to relocate to the South Coast should a few things come off at work. As I'm single then I'd be going on my own. Just worried about how I'd settle into a new area.

Relocated to Munich but only for months. Not permanent. Germany is a great country where everything runs properly and as I have no kids there were no big decesions to make. I ust went. I recommend you do it if you can.

Never had to. But if I was young and single I would probably have done it.

EDIT: I did of course leave Birmingham to go to university in Leeds. Been here ever since.

My old man got a job in the North East when I was 16. I stayed with my Grandparents for 6 months to finish school (and my season ticket!). I was determined I would never leave Birmingham, but it turned out to be the best thing I've ever done. I moved away to Surrey while at Uni, but once I'd graduated I ended up moving back to the North East. It was hard and a bit of a culture shock at first, but once I settled in, I soon got used to living in a different part of the country.

i've just applied for a job in vancouver so fingers crossed...

i think i'll be ok with it, I've moved out of kiddy before to stourport and found it hard because you are close enough to a part of things but far enough away to still feel like you are missing out, a friend who moved to brum said it was hard because of the same

if i moved miles away and didnt have to constantly turn down invites to stuff i think id be ok

I know a couple who moved down to Portsmouth, they absolutely love it. We go down to visit them pretty often and it's awesome, much more laid back than here in Bham. They get home from work and go down to the sea front, have a drink in one of many bars and the people down there are no problem.

I think I'd do it, spreading your wings is probably the way to go to become sucessful these days.

Good luck to ya! :thumb:

I've never wanted to, until I can't, if that makes sense?

I bought a house a year ago so me relocating isn't really feasible right now, or at least not very easy.

Ever since I've bought it, though, I've been very open to relocating.

Sod's law I guess

I'm at constant risk of this although it would be a relatively short-to-medium term thing. Not something I'd be a fan of though unless it was somewhere a bit more exotic than the UK (New Zealand/Bermuda being two potential locations)!

I know a couple who moved down to Portsmouth, they absolutely love it. We go down to visit them pretty often and it's awesome, much more laid back than here in Bham. They get home from work and go down to the sea front, have a drink in one of many bars and the people down there are no problem.

I think I'd do it, spreading your wings is probably the way to go to become sucessful these days.

Good luck to ya! :thumb:

Woo! High Five!! I moved to Portsmouth from Brum too, and yes, it is amazing. I can spend my weekends walking along the sea front (which is lovely by the way) or sat next to HMS Victory drinking a coffee. I have never looked back. The only thing that was keeping me in Brum was family and friends. Both visit regularly and I have a whole new set of friends too! I was really nervous at first but don't worry - what have you really got to lose?

My gaffa was telling me the other week that he had an offer to move up to Newcastle and it would have more than doubled his money, his missus refused to go though, apparently she told him to go for it and she would stay in brum, he couldn't understand it for the life of him and I felt pretty awkward lol, changed subject pretty swiftly after that I did

I moved from the Midlands to North Devon when I was 27, and I'm 37 this year. I love it here and would never move back. Don't get to as many games - obviously - but try and make a couple a season when I'm up visiting family for weekends.

Moving here never made me the word removed I am today, it just refined me.

My gaffa was telling me the other week that he had an offer to move up to Newcastle and it would have more than doubled his money, his missus refused to go though, apparently she told him to go for it and she would stay in brum, he couldn't understand it for the life of him and I felt pretty awkward lol, changed subject pretty swiftly after that I did

You schlaaaaaaaaaaag

:D

I've applied for promotion and could be working in Coventry or Brum if I get it. Which wouldnt necessarily mean needed to relocate, but if I got it I think I would. Also applied for transfer to Liverpool last year (went to uni for 4 years there), and was prepared to move...didn't get it though.

Â