Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Yep, shows how few people are arsed about going down any more that they had 1000 tickets for a tenner on sale to ST holders since over a month ago and I rang up today and managed to get one :(

One of the main reasons that Wigan have done so well this recently is that they have played three at the back. Considering that our wingers have been so poor this season, I would drop Albrighton, N'Zogbia and Hutton. As we have only won one of our last eleven matches at home it is obvious that 4-4-2 is not working.

My team, in a 3-5-2 formation, would be:

-------------------------------Given

---------------Cuellar-------Clark-----------Baker

Lichaj-------Herd---------Ireland--------Bannon-------Warnock

--------------------Weimann--------Agbonlahor

I have not been very impressed with Bannon but he is not a winger and would play better in the middle. Warnock is another one who has been poor but he may play better as a wing back where he is not as exposed.

If we lose tomorrow I think the fans will give it to Mr McLeish big time.

Have just seen the highlights of the Sunderland game and didn't think we played too badly - Weimmann looked pretty good and even Heskey appeared to do well when he came on.

I think a 4-4-2 with Weimmann and Heskey or a 4-4-1-1 with Ireland behind Weimmann will be positive.

Heskey owes us a performance or two after we've graviously lined his pockets for the past 3yrs and I really think we're due a win.

2-0 to the Villa. Goals from Ireland and Heskey.

I really like the look of that.

I really like the look of that.

Unfortunately I doubt if Mr McLeish will. This is what makes him a poor manager. He is stuck in his ways. There is a reason why we are so poor at home and I think the above team might help to give us more balance.

However, he will continue to play a defensive game and play the same system that has failed consistently throughout the season.

Please don't line up with Ireland in the hole. He always ends up having to come deep to help get the ball across the midline, leaving us with 2 wingers who can't (Albrighton) or won't (N'Zogbia) cross, a lone striker and a gap where Ireland is supposed to be. Better to play Ireland as a CM and Heskey and Weimann up top together. Didn't see the Sunderland game, but it sounds like Heskey and Weimann actually worked pretty well together.

----------------Given-----------------

Lichaj Cuellar Baker Warnock

Carruthers Herd Ireland N'Zogbia

Heskey Weimann