Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

if theres ever a time when we need a packed villa park singing its heart out well the time has come.Lets put the manager problem aside for tuesdays game and try and get the win that will more than likely keep us in the prem and pack villa park out to the rafters,we are all villa till we die so come on lets get behind the lads!!! :winkold:

The biggest game of our season. Would be nice to have a full house but there's more chance of SHA winning the Champions League next season. Win and we're pretty much safe, draw and we're looking at other results, lose and we stand a huge chance of dropping out of the top-flight for the first time since I was born.

Is Gabby and Collins out for this one? If so:

--------------------Given------------------------

---Hutton----Cuellar-----Baker-------Lichaj--

-Carruthers---Herd-----Gardner---N'Zogbia--

--------------------Ireland-----------------------

-------------------Weimann----------------------

Albrighton does well in a sub role when he can run at tired defenseman so he should come on for Carruthers.

Assuming that Collins and Gabby are out I'd go for:

Given

Hutton Cuellar Baker Lichaj

Gardner Herd Ireland N'Zogbia

Weimann Heskey

I think this is probably the most important game of our season, and all three outcomes are possible as I see it. I'm not convinced that these 'warm weather breaks' actually work well for teams (or maybe that's just wishful thinkg from me that Bolton won't be totally at the races) and I can see us winning, but I predict absolute panic stations if we lose. This is our most winnable game from the run in on paper. I'd bribe the officials right now if I could, and I'd even go as far as tolerating McLeish not being sacked this season if it could in some way gaurantee the three points. Nervous isn't the word.

Love the change of dynamic from the pre-postponed build-up in the first four pages to this page, made me laugh.

As for the game i can see it being 1-1 we will score midway through the first half and then act as if it's the 85th minute and probably concede a jammy set piece/corner goal yet again at somewhere around the actual 85th minute then we won't touch the ball for the rest of the game, well Given will probably get a few touches...he'll be kicking the goal kicks to their defenders as Weimann will probably be standing next to him..god i hate McLeish...

Biggest game since Rotterdam 82

That's complete bollocks, you cant actually believe that.

It's CI, he's a bit mental.

However I@ll agree with him that I think we'll draw. A win would just about see us safe I reckon. But we won't get it.

I had us down for a win in this game BUT after the ferformance on saturday I think a draw is more likely ( I really think that McIdiot prefers draws ) although I would not rule out a loss if Bolton score first.

If Gabby is out we could see Pesky, Gary Shaw or Brian Little lead the line.

This is not going to easy, I would love a win but a draw would probably be enough for our survival but it's just too close, **** Mcleish!!

Sing loud lads really give the team a real VP 12th man, god know they need it then come May 6th it can be a real Mcleish out day to remember.

Problem is we just aren't scoring enough goals and i think that will continue in this game with Bolton roughing up our kids and scoring late on.

Hope i'm wrong but i can see a defeat here which will leave us in deep trouble.