Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

This game must be in doubt now I would have thought

I would think it will most likely be played TrinityRoadSteps. But it would be a tough one for Bolton players to focus on so soon so it might well be they would be asked if they want to go ahead with it in the circumstances. But it does not matter when the game is played as it will be played at some point and Muamba's health and his making a speedy and full recovery is the only concern now.

We will either

Go 1 or 2 goals down then start to play football and draw the game

or

Defend for 90 mins and try and nick a goal with a good chance of it being 0 - 0 and us drawing anyway

whatever happens McLeish will still be manager come the final whistle :(

This is so true, and sums up Villa at home this season. You just know that we can never ever relax during a game anymore and are so unlikely to ever be in a position of being two goals ahead. Even if we did you fear AM wouldn't ever have a plan for that situation (i.e. Arsenal in cup) and we'd surrender it.

Just need to win to pull us firmly out of any relegation scrap. Although whether the game even goes ahead anymore will be determined over events over the next few hours and that is without question the most important talking point of this game.

Postponing the game is the right thing to do to give Bolton players a chance to recover from the shock of what happened. 3/4 days will not be enough form them to prepare for what is a very important game for both clubs.

All football fans thoughts should be with Fabrice Muamba and his family at this tragic time, the match can wait.

I'm split on whether this game should go ahead, would be a good tribute to Muamba to play on. Many players play shortly after the death of a close relative or friend, Billy Sharp played 2 days after the death of his son last year. Hoping Muamba pull's through so the game can be a get well message, rather than a tribute to his life.

Correct decision, imagine if the game had gone ahead and he'd died shortly before kick off, or during the game or shortly after.

That would have been appauling

Now lets hope he pulls through this

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...