• N'Zogbia
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann (for N'Zogbia 71)
    • Bannan (for Herd 82)
    • Gardner (for Petrov 90)

A well deserved win that leaves us 4 points off 8th. Hopefully we can play Bolton on the 20th and pick up the points there too, a win that would see us almost certainly mathematically safe and give us a good boost ahead of a tough run in.

Chuffed to bits for Andy, let's hope it's the first of many.

I don't understand the negativity from some posters. We just won, give Mcleish some credit. Even when we win, he gets criticised!

Well done Alex. I don't want him out, I think given time, he will get results.

UTV

I thought we were absolutely outstanding today, and definitely deserved the win.

Our pressure was immense, every time we lost the ball we seemed to get it back immediately. Thought Petrov was amazing in this area and even guys like Ireland and N'Zogbia helped out too.

Only real negatives for me was that we didn't actually create that many clear cut chances, our crossing was poor and Gabby really struggled to provide anything.

Don't think Marc was that bad, he looked really dangerous and got into great positions many times just lacked the killer ball, contributed going back as well.

Is also good to see Hutton and Warnock improving a lot recently as well.

Best win/ performance of the season for mine, and having our academy players (Bannan, Gardner and Weimann) all involved in the winning goal made it that more sweeter!

Worst thing that could have happend! Papers over cracks thats all. That was hard work to watch!

What were the cracks today? Complete lack of end product. Is it entirely McLeish's fault that Albrighton's crossing was terrible, N'Zogbia looked lost and Petrov couldn't hit the proverbial barndoor?

I don't think so.

We're a team struggling for confidence, we were never likely to come out and play ala Barcelona were we, but we did play some good football in parts. A scrappy win is a win and it's 100% what we need.

McLeish isn't the right man for this football club, he's not going to push us on, he's not canny enough, but today didn't paper over any cracks in my opinion, it showed some promise.

Good result (even though we left it extremely late) and a vital 3 points that should see us safe in the PL for another season.

First time at home that we have looked like the home team for most of the match.

Fulham restricted to a few half chances and even fewer corners.

I don't understand the negativity from some posters. We just won, give Mcleish some credit. Even when we win, he gets criticised!

Well done Alex. I don't want him out, I think given time, he will get results.

UTV

One game and a lucky goal. I sware some of you on here make me laugh. I was at the game, it was awful in the second half once again. Taking Nzog off killed it for me. He has gone to far for me McLeish still Out!

Lets see how we do against Bolton before we are lovin him all over again!

I thought we were absolutely outstanding today, and definitely deserved the win.

Our pressure was immense, every time we lost the ball we seemed to get it back immediately. Thought Petrov was amazing in this area and even guys like Ireland and N'Zogbia helped out too.

Only real negatives for me was that we didn't actually create that many clear cut chances, our crossing was poor and Gabby really struggled to provide anything.

Don't think Marc was that bad, he looked really dangerous and got into great positions many times just lacked the killer ball, contributed going back as well.

Is also good to see Hutton and Warnock improving a lot recently as well.

Best win/ performance of the season for mine, and having our academy players (Bannan, Gardner and Weimann) all involved in the winning goal made it that more sweeter!

Bang on! :thumb:

It was nervy and frustrating watching us trying to score but the silver lining in that is that we were pretty creative moving forward and seemed to have a real purpose about us today. What I really loved was the urgency from our attacking players in harassing the Fulham defence and forcing them into mistakes. Teams always do it to us and it's nice to see us employ the same tactic for a change.

Finally, after getting royally screwed in the dying minutes of games this season it is lovely to see the boot on the other foot.

Weimann, Bent-like, offered very little until, Bent-like, he pounced in the right place at the right time. He did very well not to handle the ball when he was on his hands & knees too.

Delighted that we got the three points, but to start referring to the win as 'outstanding' or 'immense' is slightely an over the top reaction - the win was laboured, very laboured, and it could have easily ended in another frustrating draw if Weimann hadn't popped up in the right place.

We just about deserved it, but this win doesn't change my opinion on McLeish.

much needed win, as has been mentioned 3 academy players in the move for the goal was fantastic to watch. lovely footwork from bannan, gardner made room for the shot well and hit it sweetly enough for the keeper to **** it up. then a proper poacher's goal from weimann. lovely jubbly.

we should have been 2 up at half time though. the stats say we battered them but the second half was nervy to say the least!

ireleand motm for me too :)

if we beat bolton i want to see more of the academy players playing together for 90 minutes till the end of the season. big decisions ahead this summer and some good performances from the kids would be very handy for us to get them right.

A great three points and though we left it late I think we deserved it.

Bannan spotted Gardner and played a simple ball in to him, Gardner hit a shot that was too hot too handle and Weimann was alive and moving while everyone else watched. Each one giving a little demonstration of what they're good at. All three played for the reserves on Monday.

These young uns deserve more time on the field.

Probably the best 90 minutes that a McLeish Villa team has managed to string together. Good first half where there actually appeared to be a team plan, press high up the pitch and try to get down the sides. It worked well.

Second half was very ropey. NZogbia coming off was plain stupid, but expected. Keeping Petrov on for as long as he did was painful to watch. It was obvious his legs had gone (again) and for 20-25 minutes we were second best in the middle area for the first time in the match. I was even more amazed he took Herd off who appeared to have more legs than Petrov despite just coming back. I was aksing why Gardner wasnt on from about 60 minutes on. Him and Herd would have been combative in there.

Credit for not throwing Heskey, its on taken 20 odd games. Credit for Andreas for following in the shot, you tell youngsters time and again to do it, he obviously listened and didnt he enjoy that moment. Hopefully more to come.

The kids are getting nearer and nearer to starting and hopefully we will have a new manager in place next year to bed them in and use them properly.

Just back, the relief was palpable when Andre scored

The defence has been bloody solid without Dunne, even Warnock & Hutton were good today

Credit to McLeish for making 3 attacking subs that paid off

Chuffed to bits

Up the Villa !!

Â