Hangovers

PieFacE

Luckily I don't really get hangovers, never had a headache after a night of drinking. I don't have to do anything different from normal day living which is handy.

Yeah but you're about 12.

Wait until you grow up.... and you will.

You will suffer like the rest of us. :cry:

am 20 in few months, how time flies!

Probably right though, although my Mom and her side are heavy drinkers but don't really get hangovers so hoping I'm the same!

You do develop a tolerance and can drink more without it hitting you. I'm 30 this year and get the most horrendous hang overs now. Red wine and/or Stella just absolutely destroy me.

Weird thing - Stella in Belgium doesn't...... so I blame the crap they put in the bottles over here.

Resolve_10x.jpg

A sachet of that, and half an hour later you'll be fine.

I'm actually worried that my body is getting some sort of overreliance on this stuff

This every time.

I have one before going to bed and have never had a hangover since.

The blue 'Extra' sachets are particularly effective.

Might have to pack a couple of boxes of those badboys for my little trip to Benidorm!

Do it mate. They really are incredible.

(and I agree with Designer1 that the Extra ones are even better, but they're getting increasingly difficult to find)

New Years Day this year I had a hangover like the ones Mike described earlier. Was at my mate's so didn't have access to my own stash of resolve. I was absolutely dying. Couldn't stand up, could barely open my eyes, couldn't sleep, throwing up every 20 minutes. Just lay there moaning and complaining, couldn't even contemplate watching TV or driving home!

Eventually my mate dug around his medicne cupboard and found a single sachet of Resolve.

Half an hour later I was stuffing my face with bacon sandwiches and shouting at the ref on FIFA as if I hadn't drunk a drop.

I usually get a bit of a headache back after a few hours when it wears off, but I assume that would disappear again if I had another one

My body gives off loads of heat when im hungover so best thing for me is small fry up and fresh air and rehydrate. One thing i hate about hangovers in the winter is not being able to go chill outside.

Never get hangovers on holiday because u wake up and go cool down in the ocean/pool.

Indoors with the rads on is a killer

I went to a wedding in Ireland last christmas. The hotel we were staying at was freezing. Me and my cousin were in this tiny room with twin beds and it was so cold.

So we stuck the radiator on (which was next to my bed) while we went to the reception, anticipating it would be nice and toasty when we got back.

Unfortunately, in our drunken haze when we got back to the room, we forgot to turn the radiator off.

When I woke up it was roasting. I was sweating like a blind lesbian in a fish market, mouth dry as a bone. It was so hot and stuffy it was unbelievable. Felt awful and thought I was dying or something.

I felt like throwing myself out of the window.

So yeah, inside with the rads on is hell!

I have just realised that I have gone two weeks without being hungover, I've had a drink an that (had quite a bit on Friday) but not enough to give me a hangover, I'm quite pleased to be honest hangovers cost money don't they

Ok, here is all you need to know about hangovers (I have doctor friends, and have picked their brains on this important matter):

By far the biggest factor is dehydration. Get hydrated and get better. The worst hangovers are due to your body using up the fluid between brain and skull to keep itself functioning, hence the splitting, death wish-inducing headache.

The best way to get hydrated, if you can, is to get put on a saline drip by an obliging medical type. It's about all you can do when you're chucking up everything you drink.

For less severe hangovers, just drink water and pop painkillers (or use the remedies recommended elsewhere in this thread). Cola etc. will make you feel better, although isn't all that effective at rehydrating you.

Best advice: Make sure you are not dehydrated before you start drinking!!!!!! A little-known fact is that as you get older, your thirst sensation becomes weaker, so you don't feel thirsty even when you probably should. Go by urine colour.

My personal experience is that any kind of mixing of drinks (and I mean any) is asking for trouble. These days I stick to one poison all night. My memories of spending entire days in bed longing for death's sweet embrace mean that I stick to this even when hammered nowadays!

Apologies if I sound like a know-it-all on this subject, but I've had a long and glittering career of alcohol consumption, and have turned my life around without having to actually drink less, he he.

Ok, here is all you need to know about hangovers (I have doctor friends, and have picked their brains on this important matter):

By far the biggest factor is dehydration. Get hydrated and get better. The worst hangovers are due to your body using up the fluid between brain and skull to keep itself functioning, hence the splitting, death wish-inducing headache.

The best way to get hydrated, if you can, is to get put on a saline drip by an obliging medical type. It's about all you can do when you're chucking up everything you drink.

For less severe hangovers, just drink water and pop painkillers (or use the remedies recommended elsewhere in this thread). Cola etc. will make you feel better, although isn't all that effective at rehydrating you.

Best advice: Make sure you are not dehydrated before you start drinking!!!!!! A little-known fact is that as you get older, your thirst sensation becomes weaker, so you don't feel thirsty even when you probably should. Go by urine colour.

My personal experience is that any kind of mixing of drinks (and I mean any) is asking for trouble. These days I stick to one poison all night. My memories of spending entire days in bed longing for death's sweet embrace mean that I stick to this even when hammered nowadays!

Apologies if I sound like a know-it-all on this subject, but I've had a long and glittering career of alcohol consumption, and have turned my life around without having to actually drink less, he he.

Excellent post. Albeit I will probably have to get hammered now and put it into practice... :thumb:

Uh-oh....

You know when you have a pretty heavy night til the early hours, you then wake up feeling great because you're still absolutely wankered.

Hangover to come :(

Funnily enough, I stumbled back in at about 3 this morning and woke up at about 9 feeling as fresh as a daisy...Until about an hour ago I was strongly considering suicide, possibly the worst hangover is the slow one that sneaks up on you during the day.

Uh-oh....

You know when you have a pretty heavy night til the early hours, you then wake up feeling great because you're still absolutely wankered.

Hangover to come :(

Funnily enough, I stumbled back in at about 3 this morning and woke up at about 9 feeling as fresh as a daisy...Until about an hour ago I was strongly considering suicide, possibly the worst hangover is the slow one that sneaks up on you during the day.

Eeeek! That's not good!

I was quite lucky, got home at 5, woke up at 10ish, was still really drunk and felt great, and just havent had any kind of hangover at all. Though, i've not really got out of bed all day :lol:

Whats the worst hangover you've ever had?

Mine would have to after the carling cup final. Got up feeling fine and went the shops to get the mrs some "sorry i was a clearing in the woods" flowers. Walking back and the world just collapsed around me.

Â