Hangovers

PieFacE

We've done this before, but still.

Hangovers have been the bane of my life, but on the psoitive side they probably keep me from being an alky. Because I suffer from them. Badly. Sometimes on small quantities of booze - 3 or 4 pints, say (although it's pretty unpredictable, and occasionally I get off scot free). .

Effectively they fall into two categories - treatable and untreatable. With the treatable ones, my approach is some combination of: water, tea, painkillers, sleep, sex, walk in the fresh air and a fried breakfast, depending on what's available. But hair of the dog (more alcohol)? Never, ever, under any circumstances. I only have to think about booze - let alone smell it - and I'd be puking my guts up. It usually requires at least 24 hours abstinence/detox, perferably more, before I can go near a drink again.

The untreatable ones don't bear thinking about. Nothing works at all, but I always lie down in a dark room and wait for it to stop - which can take a long time. It's the deepest pit of hell, and I find myself genuinely wishing for death. It's amazing that I ever drink again.

Hangovers have been the bane of my life, but on the psoitive side they probably keep me from being an alky. Because I suffer from them. Badly. Sometimes on small quantities of booze - 3 or 4 pints, say (although it's pretty unpredictable, and occasionally I get off scot free). .

Effectively they fall into two categories - treatable and untreatable. With the treatable ones, my approach is some combination of: water, tea, painkillers, sleep, sex, walk in the fresh air and a fried breakfast, depending on what's available. But hair of the dog (more alcohol)? Never, ever, under any circumstances. I only have to think about booze - let alone smell it - and I'd be puking my guts up. It usually requires at least 24 hours abstinence/detox, perferably more, before I can go near a drink again.

The untreatable ones don't bear thinking about. Nothing works at all, but I always lie down in a dark room and wait for it to stop - which can take a long time. It's the deepest pit of hell, and I find myself genuinely wishing for death. It's amazing that I ever drink again.

:shock:

If i was you i wouldnt touch a drink again, it just wouldnt be worth it.

:shock:

If i was you i wouldnt touch a drink again, it just wouldnt be worth it.

It amazes me, too. But we humans have evolved this wonderful ability not to learn from experience, and to be able to forget pain - otherwise no woman would ever have more than one baby.

Is it better or worse when you mix drinks? Or does that just have no effect?
I would say worse. But it's unpredictable. maybe one time in a hundred I can drink anything and get away with it. But I prefer to stick to one thing, it's not worth the risk.

I would say worse. But it's unpredictable. maybe one time in a hundred I can drink anything and get away with it. But I prefer to stick to one thing, it's not worth the risk.

Have you ever tried to find out why it effects you that way?

Must be an imbalance of something surely?

Have you ever tried to find out why it effects you that way?

Must be an imbalance of something surely?

No, but like I say, it's quite good in a way. If I was one of those people who didn't get hangovers (or only very mild ones) I'd probably drink to a ridiculous extreme.

Because of Irn-Bru's miraculous "morning after" restorative qualities , a petition was placed before the Scottish Assembly to obtain Irn-Bru on the National Health but this proposal was rejected when it was realised that you would need a prescription and it would cost £6 odds per bottle!

Aren't prescriptions free in Scotland?

/Buzz Killington

Get home wankered.

Before bed: drink one large sugary mug of tea and take two ibuprofen. Try and eat a sandwich or something. Take a pint of water to bed. Drink a bit when you wake up through the night.

In the morning: Another sugary mug of tea, more ibuprofen and cereal for breakfast.

Job Done.

Resolve_10x.jpg

A sachet of that, and half an hour later you'll be fine.

I'm actually worried that my body is getting some sort of overreliance on this stuff

This every time.

I have one before going to bed and have never had a hangover since.

The blue 'Extra' sachets are particularly effective.

The only one that works for me is hair of the dog, even on a bad one!

A couple that never agree with me are full cooked breakfasts, which just make me feel sick, and sport/fitness of any sort.

Luckily I don't really get hangovers, never had a headache after a night of drinking. I don't have to do anything different from normal day living which is handy.

Yeah but you're about 12.

Wait until you grow up.... and you will.

You will suffer like the rest of us. :cry:

Resolve_10x.jpg

A sachet of that, and half an hour later you'll be fine.

I'm actually worried that my body is getting some sort of overreliance on this stuff

This every time.

I have one before going to bed and have never had a hangover since.

The blue 'Extra' sachets are particularly effective.

Might have to pack a couple of boxes of those badboys for my little trip to Benidorm!

Luckily I don't really get hangovers, never had a headache after a night of drinking. I don't have to do anything different from normal day living which is handy.

Yeah but you're about 12.

Wait until you grow up.... and you will.

You will suffer like the rest of us. :cry:

am 20 in few months, how time flies!

Probably right though, although my Mom and her side are heavy drinkers but don't really get hangovers so hoping I'm the same!

Â