Stronglifts Strength Training Program

Dante_Lockhart

Dammit, I was rather impressed with myself for pushing 26kg dumbbells. I think I could probably push more, but it's getting the damn things 'up' in the first place; which is where the barbell comes in handy I suppose. Just a shame that my gym doesn't have one.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd update with my current lifts. The weights listed are my max 1x5 sets I've done.

Squats

100kg - 220lbs

Bench Press

80kg - 176lbs

Bent-Over Rows

60kg - 132lbs

Overhead Press

50kg - 110lbs

Deadlift

120kg - 265lbs

I've noticed a big difference in my physique. I'm broader and more toned in certain areas. I've got muscles I didn't even know I had in my shoulders and forearms. Legs are getting thinner and stronger, ass is tighter. It's all good.

My aim now is to carry on with what I'm doing but amend my diet. I don't eat badly, but I could eat better, and I know doing so will yield better results.

• 1 month later...

I'm starting LeanGains today whilst slightly amending my training to pyramid training. 12 weeks of intermittent fasting (16 hours fast, 8 hours eat). Looking forward to my feeding window (12pm-8pm) already!

Interesting. IF was something I'd been looking at too (currently just doing a standard TDEE - 500 calories cut)

Once I've finished cutting (fingers crossed in 5 or 6 weeks) I'll be bulking and may look to use IF, although more realistically I'll start with something more traditional and then move onto IF if results stall.

Let us know how you get on :thumb:

Good lifts by the way. I've got you matched for squats and overhead press but everythign else you're beating me (I'll catch you up though ;) )

Currently at 110 deads but my grip is failing me more than anything, weird.

And I DB press as opposed to bench. My gym is small and if there's one piece of equipment that's ALWAYS occupied, it's the bench press

Squat is up to 110kg

Deadlift is up to 140kg

Rows are up to 70kg

Bench I reckon is up to 85kg but my gym only have 5kg plates so have to be a rounded number (70kg, 80kg, 90kg) which sucks.

:winkold:

Good lifting!

need to get back into some routine. 4 weeks of boozing has taken its toll. Although i have been doing the russian squat routine in this time and got my 1RM from 150kg to 160kg in 6 weeks.

My wedding in August so might train for reps for a while.

Dante, when you're on lean gains are you training before your feeding window?

Or are you training somewhere in the middle of it?

As I said I was interested in it but was concerned that, because I workout late at night at the moment (usually about 9pm) it wouldn't really work

Dante, when you're on lean gains are you training before your feeding window?

Or are you training somewhere in the middle of it?

As I said I was interested in it but was concerned that, because I workout late at night at the moment (usually about 9pm) it wouldn't really work

After looking at it I reckon I'm gonna be working out mid-fast. 8pm is my food cut off time and I'll be working out from 7am-8am, with my post workout meal being 12:30pm (I'll have a shake after my workout though).

I've got BCAA to take in a shake prior to going to the gym though so muscle loss shouldn't be an issue.

Â