Moved: Weekend in Birmingham plus game

chefdoc2000

Hi HO!

I am looking for advise and recommendations on where to stay next weekend in Birmingham. I am coming with wife and 2 year old. We are coming on ferry on Thursday an were going to stay in Shrewsbury for the night (so we don't have to travel far from the ferry) This is not locked so if you have somewhere else we should go I'm open to suggestions

Friday off to Birmingham, need somewhere to stay that is clean and not to expensive.

At the game to you think they will allow the 2 year old sit on my lap and us just buy 2 tickets?

Thanks for all your help

• 1 month later...

Can someone answer the above question please ? as I intend to go to a Villa game as well next term ( September/October ) and I would welcome the same advice that chefdoc2000 is asking. I will be comming over from Australia.

You could try a travelodge, premier inn, or holiday inn express. They vary in quality but generally they offer cheap rooms that are actually decent. Other "budget" hotels near the centre have bad reputations ;)

Or look for bed and breakfasts in Birmingham, you might get a good deal.

I'm not sure about the kid at the game, try emailing the ticket office :)

Only time I've stayed at a hotel in Brum was at Ibis. Wasn't bad, close to train station (if that's how you're traveling), decent brekky, and it's close to some decent chinese eateries and a strip club too :thumb:

Â