• N'Zogbia
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Gardner (for Herd 75)
    • Bannan (for N'Zogbia 75)
    • Weimann (for Albrighton 90)

The only consolation is that the teams below us haven't picked up any significant points, with QPR drawing and Bolton and Wigan losing, plus Swansea's top assist maker got sent off and picks up a ban (even though they comfortably beat Wigan).

I don't think 3 of Bolton, Wigan, Wolves, QPR and Blackburn are capable of closing an 8+ point gap, but it's horrifically close, our football can be ineffective and shit to watch but we know that there is enough quality there if we had a better manager.

starting already, ian taylor on twitter -

robinson winning MOTM says it all

no it doesnt, it really **** doesnt, mcleish will get away with this again, another one on paper that is easily excusable

guaranteed after match comments...

" i was delighted with our chances, charles should have made it 2-0. Then Gabby should have made it 2-0 in the second half and it would have been a different story. Robinson got man of the match and that shows our dominance".

The changes helped them no doubt and N'zoni ,Olson and Houliett are all good players.Dunn as well on his day is very effective.The other issue we had was the CM herd and Petrov tired in the 2nd half and couldn't really get a grip of the ball

How is he still in a job? I honestly can't understand it. Neither can fans of other clubs I've spoken to. Neither can the media. Am i missing something?

6 wins in 27!!!!!! Nothing else matters. That record is enough to justify the sack. I don't understand what is happening at our club. **** sick.

Looking at the fixture list we have just played 2 of the 3 shittest teams in the league and managed just 2 points and 1 goal.

With the possible exception of Bolton at home I don't think we have much chance against the rest.

Honestly Villa deserve to be relegated and thats a fact i think as the football is crap and the results are just as bad.

I dont care now if MCleish stays or goes as ive lost interest no **** wonder i have not been to VP since the MON days.

How we managed to draw that match is beyond me..... Typical AMc style Villa, defend the slimmest of leads in the hope that today will be our day to keep a clean sheet.

First half we were good, ably assisted by a shocking Blackburn team and should've made our possession and dominance count.

And the rest was inevitable - an AMc half-time talk special and we sit way too far back and Gabby is left isolated.

It was only a matter of time before Rovers scored (credit to them, they upped their game 2nd half unlike us) and both teams looked relieved to settle for a draw.

It was almost square pegs for square holes today and that showed. The only blip was playing Albrighton on the left, which made a difference as he had a mare and should've come off instead of N'Zogbia. Who on the other hand, looks to be forging a good understanding with Ireland.

My ratings;

Given: 7. Nothing to do 1st half, some important saves 2nd

Hutton: 7. Yes a 7. Thought he did pretty well today

Collins: 7. Could've done better for the goal but that's a little harsh

Cuellar: 8. A bonus point for that assist alone!!! Solid otherwise.

Warnock: 7. Although way off his man for the equaliser, he did well

Herd: 7. Good combative comeback. More of the same please!

Petrov: 7. Good first half, shakier 2nd as energy levels dropped.

N'Zogbia: 7. Scored a cracker and looked lively. Could have passed better.

Ireland: 7.5. Another confidence boosting performance. Definate starter.

Albrighton: 5. Bad day at the office. Played on left though.

Gabby: 6. Good first half, had his chances to win it but isolated lots.

Subs:

Bannan, Gardner, Weimman - not really enough time to make full judgement. Bannan gave away a lot of possession though.

AMc: 1st half 7. Second half 1 (and that's for not putting Heskey on!)

MOTM - Robinson. His best game in ages!

Everything that is wrong with Mcleish summed up in 45mins of football.

1st half - Great stuff, Ireland and Zog constantly bombing on to support Gabby, linking up well, causing problems and allowing the rest of the team to push up and contribute. Blackburn put on the back foot by the team with the better players and our defence looked secure, other than a couple of scares, as a result.

2nd half - Same old shite. Shackles back on Ireland and Zog, everyone bar Gabby back meaning any threat is neutralised forcing us deeper and deeper in a vicious cycle and therefore Blackburn, other than a couple of scares, have all the game and territory. Playing like this it was pretty much inevitable that we would concede.

Make no mistake about it, the 1st half display WAS a defensive display, sure it felt gung-ho but how could it not when put into the context of the usual shite we are served up. We had plenty of players behind the ball but we were still able to create chances as we broke effectively, supported the striker and as a result we got the rest of the team up the pitch and into the attacking play in a second wave. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH PLAYING LIKE THIS.

The 2nd half was NOT tactically defensive football it was defeatist, negative, suicidal, unnecessarily last-ditch, baffling bullshit - "mythical football" if you will.

Some good performances today, Cuellar better still be starting in the middle when Dunne is fit, impressed with Herd and the link-up between Gabby, Zog and Ireland in the first half was good to see and had they been allowed to continue like this the game would have been in the bag.

Nevertheless we didn't lose so I'd say with the gap we have managed to slightly extend we are pretty much safe now as I can't see three of the teams below us overturning either an 8 or 10 point deficit. That said I do see us finishing lower than 15th the way we are going.

Very good first half - then the manager gets to talk to them - then a garbage second half - go figure !

Great when we are in the ascendency but the moment the opposition up their game we just pull everybody back and start praying. Don't mind if its Man Ure or Arsenal but Blackburn ?!!!!

We should have gone after them in the second half - kept them on the back foot and kept the fans on their backs,

Tactical failure again !

OUT !

This team just has no fight, fine when everything is going our way in the first half but as soon as the opposition start asking questions we back off like little girls. We need a ball winning midfielder desperately that has the energy to put it in for 90 mins not just 45. We just let Blackburn play exactly how they wanted second half, pressure from our midfield was non existent. Really frustrating, I don't like the manager but can't help feeling the players are letting him down with their effort on days like today.

Â