Things that scared the crap out of you when you were a kid

Ponky

i had nightmares as a 5/6 years old for about a month because of ghost watch.

I take it, it was the one with something under the stairs of a normal family or something..

in the 90s? On halloween?

Yeah, it was Halloween in about 93 or 94. Little girl who was supposedly being haunted in a normal looking terrace.

Watched the ITV adaptation of The Woman In Black at school, there's a scene where Arthur Kidd is recovering back at the inn after leaving Eel Marsh House. He's laying in bed, when the camera cuts to his POV and a view of the end of the bed where the Woman In Black suddenly appears, hovering right over him and shrieking at the screen:

woman_in_black11-e1319282354616.jpg

I did not sleep for a week after that.

on the girl with no mouth front, i had a recurring dream as a kid wherein that exact thing would happen to me, now that scared me. another recurring dream involved a dooe that could never be reached, like that seen in labyrinth when the maze goes all weird, thankfully david bowies crotch did not feature in that dream.

so yeah, nothing much scared me aside from very vivid dreams. too much cheese at night i suspect.

The Swedes on here might know about this show. It's apparently from 1991 but I think I watched it a bit later. When I was little I grew up in Sweden and I remember watching that show and being scared absolutely shitless (especially with that devilesque red haired doll).

In fact when I see that again, I'm creeped out!

Weird one as he was a good guy, but I had so many nightmares about Falcor from Neverending Story. I suppose it is a combination of a giant dog and the whole uncanny valley thing he has going but it scared the shit out of me. I felt uneasy googling the picture to post here.

tns_044Falkor.jpg

Weird one as he was a good guy, but I had so many nightmares about Falcor from Neverending Story. I suppose it is a combination of a giant dog and the whole uncanny valley thing he has going but it scared the shit out of me. I felt uneasy googling the picture to post here.

tns_044Falkor.jpg

A few of my friends showed me that picture yesterday and were amazed that I had no idea about Neverending Story. I just can't remember watching it (and I think I would remember with that slimy dog thing there!).

tns_044Falkor.jpg

A few of my friends showed me that picture yesterday and were amazed that I had no idea about Neverending Story. I just can't remember watching it (and I think I would remember with that slimy dog thing there!).

There is a scene in The Never Ending Story where the boy (is it Atryu?) gets chased by a wolf, VERY scary and I bricked it big time.

Mine's nothing on TV, but I'll say it anyway.

When I was about 5 or 6, my little sister accidentally left one of her dolls face down on a lamp. It was one of those baby dolls that you feed with a bottle.

Anyway, the lamp basically melted the doll's face off (and could have burnt the house down if we weren't lucky enough to notice it, but that's another story)

Anyway, imagine this baby dool, with this blackened melted face (think Harry Redknapp's face, but on a doll)

For some reason my mom sat it on this cupboard thing we had at the top of the stairs and it stayed there for ages, probably 6 months.

Everytime I walked past that thing it scared the shit out of me. If I went to the toilet when it was night, I had to run past it because I thought it would come alive. properly scary

Oh yeah just rememberedthe scariest film ever!

Return to Oz! Ugh, sends shivers through me even now.

wheeler.jpg

Yeh those wheelie-men or whatever they were called are something else. Man. Also I seem to recall in Never Ending Story 2, or maybe 3, these tall dark things that appear out of the ground and attack a city or something during the film.

Mostly though, it was this little bastard

the-psammead2.jpg

Psammead from Five Children and It. Repulsive little creature.

Also I was very scared of Moths, still don't like them now, but whereas I used to run away from them now I punch them

Â