Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

-----------------Agbonlahor-----------------

--N'Zogbia-------Ireland------Albrighton--

-------------Petrov------Gardner------------

--Lichaj----Collins-----Cuellar---Hutton----

---------------------Given---------------------

That side can win at Blackburn. I fear though that McLeish will put Heskey up top and sit Ireland.

Maybes:

--------------------Given-------------------

Hutton----Cuellar-----Collins----Warnock

--------Herd----Petrov--Gardner----------

------------Ireland---Bannan--------------

---------------Agbonlahor-----------------

Let Ireland and Bannan do what they're good at and support the striker, let Gabby play up front on his own and let the midfield keep some possession of the ball.

Defeat. They'll score a few if McLeish persists with the likes of Collins and Warnock (which he will). Normally I'd be confident of our players getting the goals to at least draw in spite of the negative tactics but with Bent injured, Keane gone and Ireland and N'Zogbia benched in favour of Heskey I'm not so sure.

-----------------Agbonlahor-----------------

--N'Zogbia-------Ireland------Albrighton--

-------------Petrov------Herd------------

--Warnock----Collins-----Cuellar---Hutton----

---------------------Given---------------------

A couple of changes from yours but I like your team also. I think Warnock will play because we kept a clean sheet. I would use Herd as protection in the middle; I feel he is better than Gardner at that. Use Gardner as Petrov tires before towards the end. Bannan to replace Ireland if that doesn't work.

Weimann must come on as sub for Gabby if he can't last 90. Not point in playing Heskey but I'm sure he will come on first.

That team can win but I'm not sure we will.

Another massive game and not one I'd now consider an easy three points....

I agree with the squad selections involving N'Zog and Ireland but I can't see them starting due to AMc and his negative ways

I can see a line up of

.....................Given

Hutton.Cuellar.Collins.Warnock

.........Gardner.Petrov.Herd

Albrighton....................Heskey

...................Gabby

Way too negative, with AMc opting to try and not lose the game rather than try to win it.

Since we're terrible to watch and we can't figure out how to score, how about sprinkling a little Chile on the team and experimenting with a 3-3-1-3.

Given

Cuellar      Collins   Baker 

Albrighton     Herd    Warnock

Petrov    

Ireland       Gabby      N'Zog

Maybe the confusion it causes our players would wake them from their stupor and they'd start performing. Who am I kidding, McLeish would figure out a way to make it boring.

Since we're terrible to watch and we can't figure out how to score, how about sprinkling a little Chile on the team and experimenting with a 3-3-1-3.

Given

Cuellar      Collins   Baker 

Albrighton     Herd    Warnock

Petrov    

Ireland       Gabby      N'Zog

Maybe the confusion it causes our players would wake them from their stupor and they'd start performing. Who am I kidding, McLeish would figure out a way to make it boring.

I will give you a kazillion pounds if we play that formation :D

Given

Hutton - Cuellar - Collins - Warnock

Albrighton - Petrov - Ireland - Nzog

Weimann - Gabby

That is the most logical set up to me with what we have, maybe swap Albrighton for Herd and play 4:3:3. Or swap Ireland for Gardener or Bannan but i would prefer to see Ireland start.

It is not so much the line up McCleish picks it's the fact the midfield set up and attack is pretty much one and the same thing and is an utter mess. He needs to allow players to play to their strengths and define their positions rather than float around and be sod all use to anyone.

Given

Hutton - Cuellar - Collins - Warnock

Albrighton - Petrov - Ireland - Nzog

Weimann - Gabby

That is the most logical set up to me with what we have, maybe swap Albrighton for Herd and play 4:3:3. Or swap Ireland for Gardener or Bannan but i would prefer to see Ireland start.

It is not so much the line up McCleish picks it's the fact the midfield set up and attack is pretty much one and the same thing and is an utter mess. He needs to allow players to play to their strengths and define their positions rather than float around and be sod all use to anyone.

Is Heskey out?

Surely an away game at Blackburn is ready made for him (playing up top obviously)!

Can only see a draw at best. I expect defeat and Blackburn will bully us. AM needs to play Nzogbia and Ireland. Ireland can play the role Keane has - he's the most intelligent player in our team - but AM is too often stubborn as we saw at Wigan.

We cant play Bannan, Gardner and Alby all together in our midfield - its too weak and Blackburn will expose this.

I feel a defeat is coming on Saturday.