• Albrighton
    • Keane
    • Bannan
    • Gardner
    • Bent
    • Heskey (for Albrighton 70)
    • Ireland (for Gardner 74)
    • N'Zogbia (for Bent 79)

At 5.30pm I remembered we had a match today so I checked the score.

0-0 vs Wigan

Sky Sports stats:

12 shots vs 9

14 corners vs 7

60.5% vs 39.5% possession

74% vs 65% pass completion

So all in all we are complete dross, we couldn't even beat Wigan or score against them and Mcleish is amazingly still at the club.

Lerner out, Faulkner out and Mcleish out. All three are useless and have lost all link to the fans.

For those that bothered to go, save your money next time!

I only bothered to check the score afterwards as i have simply lost interest so were in the same boat with that.

I cant even bring myself to watch that on tv let alone go to a match and watch it.

Last time i went to see Villa ? When O Neill was in charge as Houllier and MCleish are embarrassing !

He won't walk, he's too proud to call it a day.

I finally lost faith yesterday, finally. He's a nice bloke and he obviously wants us to win, but he just doesn't seem to have the formula to do it. Would it be different if he was 'backed by the board' like we were told he would be? Maybe. Right now though, we need 11 points from about 12 games that include Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Man Yoo...

On the plus side a point is better than the none I thought we would get. In our position I think we are desperate for all the points we can get, in fact we are just desperate

On the negative side after hearing the stats about Wigan recently and the failure to keep a clean sheet and then see that they dominated against us we really are a poor side under Mcduff.

I cannot believe that there is anyone associated with this great club that wants the best for us that can make a serious case for why our best interests are served with him as our manager, yet the owner and CEO think he is good for us

Lerner out , Mcleish out

We used to be one of the best sides in the league we are now one of the worst. Luckily there are teams around us that failed to pick up points in the first half of the season, it will be tight but we may just stay up

Disgrace

This. Entirely.

Embarrassing. We played deeply against Wigan when the game needed to be attacked. Given the starting lineup you'd assume so. McLeish's tactics were baffling - Heskey out wide again for Albrighton.

The players should take some of the blame today. Cuellar had a golden free header and softly hits at Al-Habsi, Bent should have scored in the first half. Other than that we were put on the backfoot and Wigan didn't force Given into a save till the 85th minute.

I feel sorry for the travelling fans. The anti-McLeish chants were fully justified. Once again he got it wrong today. I won't celebrate a draw today, it feels like 2 points dropped. We've got Blackburn next and nothing but 3 points makes his position untenable. I've defended him the past but I'm losing patience. This is utterly unacceptable.

When a manager clearly sets out to "play safe" against the worst team in the league, you know it is time to get rid of that manager. He has no respect for Villa and no ambition beyong survival. He still thinks he's at the Sty and he can't get it into his head that this club has a tradition and has an ambition and has fans who won't celebrate avoiding the drop by one place !

It became very clear to me that this was the tipping point of many of our fans from being not really very anti-mcleish to becomcng slightly anti-mcleish. He spoke of the 'silent majority' a few weeks ago, in regard to the protest before the Citeh game - I think there were quite a few people who decided to remain silent no longer yesterday, and with good reason. Myself included. I am going to Blackburn next weekend, but am very, very worried at may happen. It could get ugly. Blackburn offer so much more in attacking strength than Wigan that a performance even remotely resembling yesterdays will lead to defeat, in which case the flood gates will open unto mcleish and the last few months of the season would be horrific.

Had to chuckle at the fact the broadcasters decision not to include Heskeys 'shot' though - despite the fact they put in his one a few weeks ago that went out for a throwin. This one was far closer!

Â