Non-Villa Icon

irreverentad

From the Premier League era it pains me to say it because i hate Man Utd with a passion but for some reason i could not hate Eric Cantona he was about as iconic a player as i can remember in this league. I even loved his retribution to that Palace fan all part of the genius! As for best player who i would love to have been got to be Henry that boy was special for Le Arse.

A few of the players I really liked when growing up:

The Ronaldo

Gabriel Batistuta

Jorge Campos

José Luis Chilavert

Luis Hernández

Dennis Bergkamp

Gianfranco Zola

Edgar Davids

Others, such as Roberto Carlos and Clarence Seedorf, are still playing now. Then there are the likes of Puyol and Xavi at Barça who are just amazing.

On a side note, bring back Gazzetta on C4! It has to have James Richardson, though. And cake.

Gareth, I finished the biogrophy on Enke a couple of weeks ago and being that you are a big BM fan how good was he for BM?

By the time he got a decent run out, the team was on one hell of a decline so it'd be harsh of me to be too critical. We were terrible at the back, shipped a ****-tonne of goals and got relegated but he at least did enough for Heynckes to take him to Benfica where he really started to pick up his game. I think Hannover got the very best out of him in those later years.

Sadly, I never got to see him play myself. I saw him warm the bench in a match against MSV Duisburg, but by the time he was making the odd appearance my family had moved back to England.

Never realised you were a BM fan. Don't follow german football myself, but they had loads of swedish players during the 90's. Saw you mentioned Andersson but I thought Dahlin was the most famous as he scored so many goals for you during his spell. Then again, Andersson was a very good defender. Badly used by Blackburn as a midfielder. No wonder he dislikes the PL. That and manure beating Bayern in OT in that final.

Never realised you were a BM fan. Don't follow german football myself, but they had loads of swedish players during the 90's. Saw you mentioned Andersson but I thought Dahlin was the most famous as he scored so many goals for you during his spell. Then again, Andersson was a very good defender. Badly used by Blackburn as a midfielder. No wonder he dislikes the PL. That and manure beating Bayern in OT in that final.

Yeah, Dahlin was great but Andersson was superb. Probably even have him in my all-time defence (but then I am somewhat biased). Had Jörgen Pettersson as well, for a few seasons.

The Ronaldo when I was really young was my main man even though I only really saw him during his Real Madrid days when he was past his best despite his still relatively young age.

and obviously Lionel Messi. I think I've missed around 10 games of his last 120 for club+country. He is my idol and just an absolute pleasure to watch. I just hope unlike Ronaldo, he can remain injury free and at his peak for as long as possible.

Â