The star above the badge debate (Poll added)

villa89

Should we have a star to commemorate the European Cup win?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a star to commemorate the European Cup win?

• Yes
    • No

I don't think we should have a star on the jersey.

It's 25 years ago and the club isn't amongst the top clubs anymore. Imagine

Nottingham Forest doing the same, it wouldn't be right. And on the other side;

wouldn't other fans and clubs just laugh at us?

a) Why wouldnt it be right? They've won the thing twice? Would it be wrong of Juventus to do it now they've been relegated?

B) I really couldn't give a flying duck what other fans think of us, "oH no they are laughing at us I'll have to cry"?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Notts Forest have 2 stars on one of the sleeves.

My own personal opinion is that we've had a few players in recent times who have come to the club, just to pick up their wages, and dont take a great interest in our glorious history. I think we should have the star as it will serve as a reminder, and a tribute to winning the european cup, and our current players could wear it with pride, and hopefully aspire to acheiving such dizzying heights again!

I would be proud to play in a team, wear a shirt that signifies a major achievement by displaying a small token on the shirt, and I think it would make the players proud that they're playing for such a great club.

...well thats what I think anyway!

Proud to have won it once. (but wishing we'd won it more)

Embarrassed not have won it more. (but proud of the one time)

That seems to be the two arguments. I'm on the fence tbh, can see both arguments. In the grand scheme...I dont really care that much.

Threads are popping up everywhere with a 'i'd like this', 'the club could/should be doing...' type themes and although i'm not knocking each individual thread, I am starting to think come on lets let Lerner actually take control of the club, bed in, take care of some of the improtant stuff before we start chucking all these things at him.

Laugh at us for winning the European Cup. I've read some crap in my time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Notts Forest have 2 stars on one of the sleeves.

I'm answering my own question but Forest have 2 stars on one of the sleeves of their Home shirt.

Threads are popping up everywhere with a 'i'd like this', 'the club could/should be doing...' type themes and although i'm not knocking each individual thread, I am starting to think come on lets let Lerner actually take control of the club, bed in, take care of some of the improtant stuff before we start chucking all these things at him.

We could do the same with the 'formation' threads etc, just let O'Neill take control of the squad, bed in, take care of the importnat stuff before we start chucking all these things at him.

We could close the website down then.......

We could do the same with the 'formation' threads etc, just let O'Neill take control of the squad, bed in, take care of the importnat stuff before we start chucking all these things at him.

Easy lad. :D

Using an over-the-top example as a retort isnt big and it certainly isnt clever...you know i wasnt suggesting that at all.

If you disagree then thats fine but we all know Lerner takes an interest in what we think and i was merely trying to put some perspective on how big an issue this is. I'd rather have 10 threads talking about training facilities, tactics, revenue streams and marketing then 10 about catering, the little star on the badge etc etc.

Again to re-iterate, not knocking the 2nd bunch of threads, just emphasising there is far more important stuff at hand. Though i'm sure they will be all too aware of this.

1. Why have a star representing a european cup win when you are playing a premiership game? What's the european cup got to do with the prem? No other team in the league has a star above the crest to represent a euro cup win why should we?

I'm not arguing but England play with a star above their badge when they play in the European Championships.

Easy lad. :D

Using an over-the-top example as a retort isnt big and it certainly isnt clever...you know i wasnt suggesting that at all.

If you disagree then thats fine but we all know Lerner takes an interest in what we think and i was merely trying to put some perspective on how big an issue this is. I'd rather have 10 threads talking about training facilities, tactics, revenue streams and marketing then 10 about catering, the little star on the badge etc etc.

Again to re-iterate, not knocking the 2nd bunch of threads, just emphasising there is far more important stuff at hand. Though i'm sure they will be all too aware of this.

Lerner's gang have already requested, and been presented with, a document detailing a wishlist of what the fans want done at the club - stuff like hall of fame, statues, star on jersey etc. I don't know exactly what is on the document, but Jon Fear was on the mailing list asking for suggestions to add to it.

The point being, it's all in hand.

Here's another reason to do it - Ellis wouldn't - that is reason enough for Mr Lerner to do it, its a statement of intent, it would set him apart from the previous incumbent at a moments notice and with such a small simple gesture at probably zero cost

ffs, we should be proud of what we achieved, whats the point of doing anything if you cant be proud? All this we should concentrate on matters today nonesense, it would take 2 seconds to put the star on the design for the shirt. WE should definatly have a star.

I'm not arguing but England play with a star above their badge when they play in the European Championships.

That does not make sense!

Ladies and Gentlemen, remember Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk who carried a gun and ran from the mob. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it. That does not make sense. Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor with a bunch of two-foot-tall Ewoks. That does not make sense.

But more important, you have to ask yourself what does this have to do with England having a star above their jersey in european championship games? Nothing. Ladies and Gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this England having a star above their jersey in european championship games. It does not make sense. Look at me, I'm talkin' about Chewbacca. Does that make sense? Ladies and Gentlemen I am not making any sense. None of this makes sense.

And so you have to remember when you're deliberating and conjugating stars above crests, does it make sense? No. Ladies and Gentlemen it does not make sense. If Chewbacca lives on Endor you must not have stars above crests in different competitions.

I know it seems nice. But ladies and gentlemen this is Chewbacca. Now think about that for one minute. That does not make sense. Why am I talking about Chewbacca when we are talking about stars above crests? Why? I'll tell you why. I don't know. It doesn't make sense. If Chewbacca does not make sense you must not have stars above crests.

I think I have made my point

Â