What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, V01 said:

Divinity: Original Sin

It's a bit of a throwback, turn based combat.

I just picked that put for cheap. Gonna give it a play soon.

Edited by Daniel

• 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Just been to pick up Mafia III. Hopefully it'll live up to the hype.

Let us know mate, because this has been on my radar for months, this and the next Red Dead Rdemption if that ever comes out. But after the lesson I learned with No Mans Sky (FIFA, F1 and FM aside) i'm not risking 50 hard earned notes on a risky game for a while. You are the guinea pig. 

Love the Mafia series, but it is very suspect that there are no reviews out before it's release. I dunno if there's a day one patch, but perhaps there is and without it it runs like a dog. As surely the content of the game is going to be great given the previous titles. 

The article I read the other day made a good point that The Witcher 3 didn't release review copies before the release date either so it doesn't necessarily mean the developers did it to protect their game from harsh criticism that might affect sales.

I'll be holding off for a week or two until some reviews are in, methinks. I hope it's as good as it looks. If it's half as good as GTA V I'll be happy.

1 hour ago, hogso said:

Love the Mafia series, but it is very suspect that there are no reviews out before it's release. I dunno if there's a day one patch, but perhaps there is and without it it runs like a dog. As surely the content of the game is going to be great given the previous titles. 

I have never had any of the previous ones. I have seen bits and pieces, but cant fully work out if it is more LA Noire style than sandboxy. I don't know. I like something that after the main quest is completed, I keep playing it.

@Ginko like Ginko says, I will be waiting too. We have

@Designer1 on the case QA'ing it for us. No pressure mate.

They're definitely more 'sandboxey'. The thing that sets it apart from GTA for me are the strength of the stories in the Mafia games. I've never really cared much for the GTA stories, and it's certainly not what keeps me going back to them. So Mafia might not be as 'fun' (good example is in Mafia 2 speeding is actually an offence that the cops will take note of. Imagine that in a GTA!), but it's strength (should) shine through in ways GTA does not. 

OK first impressions:

- it's very story focused so far, which is no bad thing as it's reasonably interesting.

- gunplay and hand to hand combat is solid and satisfying. 

- the map is huge. I imagine as the story progresses a lot of side missions will be opened up.

- it has a very good sense of place and time. I like the atmosphere.

- graphically it's nothing special. 

- it has all the classic sandbox hallmarks. So if you like that genre you'll feel right at home.

- some noticeable pop ups and glitches with the graphics.

- they've overdone the skin textures to the point that it looks a little odd and quite frankly creepy.

- some of the weather effects are odd. The lighting seems to change randomly after a few seconds sometimes which is off putting.

- the soundtrack is **** brilliant.

Overall it's good so far, but I'm only a couple of hours in and the game definitely hasn't opened out yet as it's all about the back story and setting the scene. 

Right, I'm off to play another couple of hours.

Edited by Designer1

Thanks Designer. It's worth a gamble I think. But not yet ... Enjoying Fifa, still play 7 days to die even though the novelty has faded, f1 , gta latest biker DLC. Still have Nuka World to finish on Fallout 4 . I'm probably gonna cave in and get sky rim again this month. A few months ago I was that bored with PS I hardly played PS but there's a lot of choice. 

I say the above and we all do weekly shop or whatever, and the game did blu Ray aisle will be hard to stay away from 40/42 in tesco right... I watched some YouTube videos earlier and it does look good. Thanks for posting the detail. Thanks Hogso as well I do like sandbox style. I like the look of the territory controlling too

There's word over night that the Mafia 3 review code for pc is fixed at 30 fps and struggles a bit at times. And there's a patch coming. So pretty much as assumed, and nothing to worry about, hopefully. 

Shit console port confirmed.

From reports of some people playing on PC that have messed around with capping the FPs lower, it looks like the devs tied aspects of the physics to the frame rate. Good job guys.

Edited by Davkaus

Anymore thought Si? Very tempted by this and looks infinitely more interesting than Watch Dogs 2 but am wary of it becoming a bit boring after a few hours and if there is enough to maintain my interest outside of the main story? Also I'm interested to hear how it runs on console? Cheers chap.

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Anymore thought Si? Very tempted by this and looks infinitely more interesting than Watch Dogs 2 but am wary of it becoming a bit boring after a few hours and if there is enough to maintain my interest outside of the main story? Also I'm interested to hear how it runs on console? Cheers chap.

Did a few more hours last night and I really didn't want to stop playing so I suppose that's a good sign.

It reminds me of Mad Max, Sleeping Dogs and of course, the obvious one GTA.

The story has been very good, and the characters interesting. The gunplay is very solid and extremely satisfylng, as is some of the stealth based combat which can lead to some extremely graphic executions.

Regarding performance, I haven't noticed any real issues apart from some occasional pop-up and dull textures. I've never really been one to judge games on graphics or FPS though, I tend to concentrate more on the gameplay and immersion.

I'd give it around the 8/10 mark at the moment, but I do feel as though i've only scratched the surface so it could go either way.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Did a few more hours last night and I really didn't want to stop playing so I suppose that's a good sign.

It reminds me of Mad Max, Sleeping Dogs and of course, the obvious one GTA.

The story has been very good, and the characters interesting. The gunplay is very solid and extremely satisfylng, as is some of the stealth based combat which can lead to some extremely graphic executions.

Regarding performance, I haven't noticed any real issues apart from some occasional pop-up and dull textures. I've never really been one to judge games on graphics or FPS though, I tend to concentrate more on the gameplay and immersion.

I'd give it around the 8/10 mark at the moment, but I do feel as though i've only scratched the surface so it could go either way.

You never thought this when you bought it, little did you realise that one day on... theres probably two or three people interested in seeing if like an emperor. you give a thumbs up or maybe a :

SiN92.gif

• 3 weeks later...

CIV VI has been a disappointment so far. There are some interesting changes, but the main weaknesses of CIV 5 is even worse in CIV VI. Poor diplomacy, terrible AI in every aspect and the mid-game is boring.

Â