What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Just started downloading OVerwatch this morning, anyone playing?

£40 is too steep for a multiplayer only shooter, IMO, especially when it's closest competitor is the F2P TF2, which still holds up very well despite its age, but it's the open beta this weekend, so I'll give it a go.

I've had a lot of fun playing it, but I'm not sure I can justify the full price tag either. I think I'll pick it up if my brother goes halves on a game share.

It's a very satisfying game to play and surprisingly for a bit of a silly shooter requires a pretty big chunk of teamwork to win.

Fallout 4: Survival Mode [PC] - I started up a save using the Survival Mode rule set and it has made a game I absolutely despise far more playable. I am finding myself having to think about my actions and where I go next, I have to plan ahead and make sure to only take the bare essentials for my next excursion away from base. I find the game is also less reliant on having only one epic base and being more of a nomad sleeping from building to building while scavenging everything. I adore that finding purified water and antibiotics are like striking gold in this as illness and dehydration are a huge threat now, it's a good mode and I am enjoying Fallout 4 now which is a game I was sorely disappointed by.  

Played loads more of hitman recently. It's really superb. Easily my goty so far and it's only got 4 levels at present. Dare I say it's better than Blood Money perhaps.

Is the disc version out yet?

Picked up Stellaris as a bit of a change whilst taking a break from Dark Souls.

Played a few hours today.

Unlikely to play much more. I'd heard it was an approachable Paradox title. I've played and enjoyed Civ before now so surely I'd enjoy this with its interesting galactic stuff?

Nope.

Starts well, explains most of its systems decently enough, but then a few hours in I basically can't do anything. I'm perfectly willing to accept I've missed something or am being thick, but I found myself cornered in the galaxy by 2 empires both advanced well ahead of me, who both were instantly opposed to me with all of my influence gone (and bizarrely not refilling) preventing me exploiting areas that were open to me, and preventing me replacing scientists, and with no habitable planets to expand to, no alliance available, and warfare completely unviable.

So I couldn't do anything. And it's put me off completely.

Yep, that sounds like Paradox alright. Apart from explaining its systems, that's new. I tried both of EUIV and CK2, having read other people hilarious and exciting stories of what can happen. Not the way I **** play it.

They're the kind of games you can enjoy if it's the only game you're going to play for a period of weeks or months, I think.

I tried Crusader Kings, gave up after 4 hours of reading essays on what to do to get started.

Still playing Phantasy Star 2, would have been on Dark Souls 3 but the postie is a word removed.

• 2 weeks later...

Marrakech level out next week for the new Hitman game. Can't wait! I've played this to death so far, Goty currently for me. Utterly superb. 

Just bought The Witcher 3 + Expansion Pass.. I have the game on Xbox One but the PC version was staring at me earlier today and the new expansion just dropped. Thinking I will indulge in a bit of a gaming binge this weekend, cannot wait. 

• Like 1

Take a look on Xbox Price Check. They'll list most places it's sold and where its cheapest.

Worth nothing that XL is just Mortal Kombat X with the character expansions included.

On 5/29/2016 at 17:54, LakotaDakota said:

It's £24.99 in smyths toys, cheapest anywhere

Thanks mate, i ordered it today. 

On 5/29/2016 at 13:21, Chindie said:

Take a look on Xbox Price Check. They'll list most places it's sold and where its cheapest.

Worth nothing that XL is just Mortal Kombat X with the character expansions included.

Yep, I didnt get the original X so thought just get XL with extra charachters

Played a lot of BroForce over the weekend with mates.

It's brilliant fun. Stupid, but brilliant. Can imagine it's pretty crap to play on your own but with friends it was hilarious.

Loving MK XL, what a fun game adding the likes of alien, leatherface, jason voorhies, alien and predator . The fatalities are absolutely gruesome. Great storyline as well. 

Edited by Demitri_C

"The Division" on PS4. I have started to skip the character page rather quickly, as I have played a combined 17 days, from when it was released. But its still a really good game.

Still playing Borderlands 2. Nearly 3 months now of solidly playing this game and nothing else. Been a while since that happened. Just running through the DLC now. Completed Cpt Scarlett and Mr Torgue DLC, Hammerlock's next and I'll end with Tina's. Nearly Platinumed it too.

Might head back onto Fallout 4 once I've finished this and give it a proper go.

Â