What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Half Life 2 mods 'G-String' and 'The Citizen'
It's old now but just to be sure - have you played the mod 'Research & Development'?

No, just started 'Call In'. Looked at R&D a while back, looked very puzzle based. I like killing things.

Bought Banjo & Kazooie Nuts and Bolts yesterday for a tenner from CeX, how I havent played this before now I'll never know. Brilliant game so far. Fairly sure this got an absolute panning on release as well?!

Yep. great game.

It didn't get panned though, it was just not very successful at retail. I picked it up on release after listening to Brad Shoemaker sing its praises many times during their Game of the Year discussions.

Podcast?

I'm listening to lots of old 1up episodes, weekend confirmed and giant bombcast to pick up 'news' on all the older games I might want to pick up for £6.

Like assassins creed II which by the way for anyone who doesn't know is brilliant. I'm 2 hours up and I'm not even a badass assassin yet, just running around the rooftops delivering letters and beating up cheating husbands. Class.

Need some cheap games to play, i know i could get them a little bit cheaper at cex but im tempted by the following;

Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena - £20

That has Escape from Butcher Bay included on the disc, doesnt it? Butcher Bay was one of my favourite games on the original Xbox, it was absolutely brilliant.

It's old now but just to be sure - have you played the mod 'Research & Development'?

No, just started 'Call In'. Looked at R&D a while back, looked very puzzle based. I like killing things.

Yes, R&D revolves entirely around puzzles (although once or twice you kill things with the puzzles), so it feels a lot like Portal or the more claustrophobic parts of HL1.

It is the same quality of Valve's own games in terms of level design, humour and entertainment, though, so anyone who owns HL2 and doesn't mind puzzles should definitely check it out. Strongest recommendation.

Yes, R&D revolves entirely around puzzles (although once or twice you kill things with the puzzles), so it feels a lot like Portal or the more claustrophobic parts of HL1.

It is the same quality of Valve's own games in terms of level design, humour and entertainment, though, so anyone who owns HL2 and doesn't mind puzzles should definitely check it out. Strongest recommendation.

OK I'll get it and have a go, cheers.

Finished ICO HD last night, they did a pretty good job on it. Some parts still as infuriating as I remember though, that damn 'bouncing platform' jump, and the water wheel just after it are still **** annoying. Now on to Shadow of the Collossus HD, which I enjoyed far more than ICO the first time around

Jesus H. Christ the waterwheel is annoying as ****. Great game, but that waterwheel part is annoying because it can take you so many attempts to get it right that if it's your first time playing the game then it makes you wonder if your solution to the puzzle is correct. At least, that's what happened to me.

The HD updated version is really good though, so much clearer but it looks like they didn't try and improve the controls much. To be fair, if they changed much else apart from the graphics then fanboys would only complain. I heard that the Americans got the same version as we did this time round. Originally the US version seemed to have some puzzles which appeared to be simplified, particularly the part inside the building where the waterwheel is.

Shadow of the Colossus is one of my favourite games of all time. The music in that game is absolutely superb too, I have the album on my iPod like a nerd.

Currently playing;

- Anno 2070

- Team Fortress 2

- Borderlands (co-op with mates good times)

- Amnesia

I like to juggle playing several games so I don't burn myself out on just one. I do complete them eventually just not as quickly as others.

Really enjoying this, reminds of HL1 :)

Tales of Graces f is soooooooooo good. Anyone who has been longing for an RPG of old, with towns & dungeons & interesting NPCs & a properly good battle system, this is it. Easily the best console RPG I've played this gen, it could look better, but I guess that's only to be expected from a Wii port. Also, horror of horrors, (so far at least) the storyline is not a generic 'evil threatens to destory the world and you must save it' fair! EU release later in the year, highly recommend it, especially those people who were yearining for past Final Fantasys when playing FFXIII/2

Alice: Madness Returns - Beautifully dark and twisted with some of the best art design I've seen for a long time. Don't usually enjoy anything with platform elements but this is really good.

Silent Hill: Downpour - Has all the usual pros and cons of the Silent Hill genre (creepy atmosphere and good level design, but clunky combat) and enjoying it so far.

Assassins Creed: Revelations - Doesn't really differ much from 2 or Brotherhood but it's Assassins Creed. I love Assassins Creed.

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record - I enjoyed the original Dead Rising but hated the time aspect of it. Never played DR2 as I read that it suffered from the same problems. However, the introduction of the Sandbox mode which can be played side by side with the story mode peaked my interest and so far it's pretty damned entertaining.

Plus, still getting through Driver: San Francisco, Kingdoms of Amalur, Skyrim and WoW.

That lot should keep me busy until Diablo 3 comes out anyway. :)

Skyrim.

It's also making me want to play Dragon Age: Origins again >_<

I picked up Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Collection while my former employers collapsed, for a bargain £4.98, which I feel like I should get going on... but I feel a little reluctant somehow.

Â