What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

I get that it's Schafer.

But I don't get it. My experience of him is some appearances for media stuff and interviews, and some of the Double Fine stuff he's had a hand in, and some knowledge of stuff like Day of the Tentacle.

Nothing's blown me away. And again, just the wrong side of quirky for me.

I get that it's Schafer.

But I don't get it. My experience of him is some appearances for media stuff and interviews, and some of the Double Fine stuff he's had a hand in, and some knowledge of stuff like Day of the Tentacle.

Nothing's blown me away. And again, just the wrong side of quirky for me.

I know what you mean. Stacking, Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango are all great games that I liked playing but they've not particular had a profound effect on me like other games have.

I think like you say, a lot of it is to do with Schafer. He's highly respected, has a great sense of humour and quirkiness and most of all it seems like he genuinely cares and makes games for gamers and not profit. I think people really appreciate that and realise he's a gamer at heart.

The new project he's started does look pretty cool. I never really got into point-and-click adventure games though.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm playing Borderlands. Got the GOTY Edition for £5 off Steam recently. I have to say, it's quite possibly the most annoying game I've ever played. However, something keeps dragging me back to it, but If I don't see another skag ever again, I will be a happy man.

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines - amazing game once its patched up. It's the original Deus Ex with vampires.

FFXIII-2 - not had time to play it for about a month but got back into it recently. Still enjoying it a lot.

Tribes Ascend - My 'go to' multuplayer game at the moment. Great for a quick blast. More people should play it.

I need a game to get my teeth into, not playing anything at the moment (apart from FIFA but that doesn't count)

Failed in my attempt to get into Final Fantasy VII :yawn:

Might go back and Play GTA San Andreas as it's the only GTA game I haven't played to the end.

Interested in the batman games though. Worth playing Asylum first or can I jump straight into City?

I'm playing Borderlands. Got the GOTY Edition for £5 off Steam recently. I have to say, it's quite possibly the most annoying game I've ever played. However, something keeps dragging me back to it, but If I don't see another skag ever again, I will be a happy man.

What you talking about man?! Awesome, AWESOME game. One of my favourites. Completed all of it. Moxxie DLC was annoying, but when people cosplay as her all is forgiven.

Mad_Moxxi_Preview_by_VirtualGirl6654.jpg

Finishing off Assassin's Creed Revelations then onto one of:

Mass effect 3

Silent Hill Downpour

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City

Batman Arkham City

Dark Souls

Deus Ex

Alan Wake

or The Silent Hill HD Collection

Need to stop buying games as I never get a chance to play them.

Any recommendations from the above list?

What you talking about man?! Awesome, AWESOME game. One of my favourites. Completed all of it. Moxxie DLC was annoying, but when people cosplay as her all is forgiven.

Bizarrely, I am getting more into it. The second zone is very Mad Max and has a sort of atmosphere about it. I've just found incredibly annoying moments in it though. I'm playing as a hunter, yet the game just isn't designed to be stealthy at all, if you snipe a guy in silence, it will always trigger a wave of mobs. I like to take time and explore open worlds, I don't like the feeling of being rushed, but the constant waves of respawning mobs makes the game just a blast, blast, blast - pick up quest, blast, blast, blast and there are some really poorly designed enemies and strange AI. This style of game is absolutely fine, it's just not my usual taste.

That said, it's a few years old now. At the time, my opinion on it would probably be different.

Â