What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Max Payne 3

Im loving it, very cinematic but it has a great story and IMO the cutscenes are short enough and sparse enough to keep the game flowing, possibly needs something other than killing thousands of people and it's pretty linear but it's beautiful and bullet time is still brilliant

Now I've got my homeplugs up and running (thanks VT!) I gave the multiplayer for Fall Of Cybertron a crack last night. As is standard fare for starting out at a new game online, I got my ass whupped. But then I tried playing as the Infiltrator (scout class, fast but weak and with a cloaking ability) and it was glorious. Driving round an arena at top speed to outflank the enemy, transforming and cloaking to sneak up behind them and unloading a scatter gun into their backs, then transforming back and speeding away before they get their sights on you; freaking beautiful.

With all the unlockables for the 'build-your-own-transformer' section, I can see myself sinking a lot of time into this.

New Star Soccer (Android, but also available on iOS)

Must have put 10+ hours into it so far. Lost in the playoff final in consecutive seasons with Sheffield Wednesday, but just secured a dream move to Aston Villa! :D

That game is so dangerous.

I put hours and hours in when I had my iPhone.

Since my jump to Android I've resisted the urge to buy it on my new phone. I'm sure I'll buckle given time though.

Ridiculously addictive.

Max Payne 3

Im loving it, very cinematic but it has a great story and IMO the cutscenes are short enough and sparse enough to keep the game flowing, possibly needs something other than killing thousands of people and it's pretty linear but it's beautiful and bullet time is still brilliant

I bought Max Payne the other day as well actually (I've gone through a crazy amount of games in the last couple of months - the joys of a decent disposable income, sadly also means no time to play 'em).

I'm finding it a bit weird. The gameplay isn't bad by any means but I find I enjoy it more in small chunks. It feels fairly unrelentingly similar constantly. It's also surprisingly hard, mostly due to the fact the game has tried to compensate the power the games gimmicks give you (the bullet time + a cover mechanic) by making every enemy a bullet sponge. After an hour I start to feel jaded.

Good though, I like the gunplay and feel of it all and it's pretty and I quite like the storyline (though it's nothing special).

I've also bought Bully recently (Rockstar sale on Live made it a tempting purchase as I've generally heard good things). Barely scratched the surface but I like the feel of it so far despite it being so obviously a last generation game. It reveals how far we've come in even in a short space of time playing it.

Also picked up Alan Wakes American Nightmare, Stacking and Geometry Wars 2 in the big Live sale going on at the mo.

And Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3...

:oops:

LOVED Bully/Canis Canem Edit. Great, great game. Would love to see a second.

Oh and this months PS+ freebie is Red Dead Redemption. Villa4europe, if you havent played that yet make sure you download it asap.

New Star Soccer can be harsh at times. :(

wMB2U.png

Two assists and I hit the post and bar in a 3-1 win.

rmksZ.png

21 goals in 21 games (and 22 assists) since signing. The Holte End are a demanding bunch!

Because its the internet I'll drop some unnecessary pedantism and crushing disappointment on you. Half Life was converted to the Source Engine in 2004. The Black Mesa mod wont be the full game, they are only releasing the first three quarters or so. We will have to wait for the rest of the game to get finished, whether that, Half Life 3 or the end of time happens first is anybodies guess.

Well they've said they're working on Xen right now but what they have in mind for it (complete retooling due to original Xen being a bit shit compared to the rest of the game) means who knows when it'll actually arrive. I will say though that Xen in the original game made up a lot less that 25% of the game, there's not really all that much missing and the best of what makes HL good is present in the mod right now.

Also, free.

Rev, have you had the horribly frustrating thing happen in New Star Soccer where the crowd boo you so much that yo0u can't do anything in the game? As in when you get the ball it says something like "But he was distracted by the boo boys and loses possession!"

Now I know how Warnock feels.

It feels fairly unrelentingly similar constantly

yep, its the games downfall IMO, not enough set pieces, puzzles, not really even that much variety in the guns, just lots and lots of slow mo killing people

making every enemy a bullet sponge

yeah i notice that too, i had got the arm and leg grinds after about 3 chapters, took me a while and some playing about with the aim/lock on settings before i started getting loads of headshots, which meant by the last chapter i was pretty much shooting everyone in the head in slow mo

Maybe it was the fact I played Max Payne 3 on PC and went mostly for headshots, but I never really got the criticism about enemies being bullet sponges. I actually found them refreshingly fragile, especially because the Euphoria animation makes them react and stagger believably no matter where they get hit, so you are always buying yourself time to get better shots in. In some later parts it's actually easier to kill enemies with leg shots than torso shots, due to the body armour.

All I've played the last 2 weeks has been the Mass Effect series. Despite the endings (which aren't that bad imo, the extended version anyway) it is still a cracking piece of science fiction. **** Star Wars :)

Rev, have you had the horribly frustrating thing happen in New Star Soccer where the crowd boo you so much that yo0u can't do anything in the game? As in when you get the ball it says something like "But he was distracted by the boo boys and loses possession!"

Now I know how Warnock feels.

You need to have a good relationship with your fans.

I have found that the best thing to do is to spend as much energy as you can afford between games on your relationship with your team so you get lots of chances (you can get about ten chances per game if you have a full bar) and then you might start scoring goals and making assists to improve the relationship with your fans. If it still isnt working, play the minigame with fans too.

started -

the simpsons tapped out on the iphone, its ok, the balance between timed events and purchasing items that speed them up results in it only being playable in 10 minute spells which seems a bit pointless

motorstorm apocalypse - its ok, nice and fast and i love the scenary being destroyed as you race and the different vehicles but i spend half the time not having a clue whats going on

red dead redemption - i finished it on the 360 but started again on the ps3, might try to do all the trophies and get 100%

Â