What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

I've been trying to download the FOC demo on my 360 but it goes so slow. I'm trying to do it as I play Sleeping Dogs though and it's really annoying because every 2 minutes the toast pops up telling me that the download has stopped. I'll get there eventually.

EDIT - Just checking now on LIVE and the demo is gone?

whats the best total war game to get started on?

im thinking the rome one will be a bit dated, so empire or shogun 2

also looking around at the prices for them showed me why game are struggling, shogun 2 is £30 in store its £11 at amazon

Completed Sleeping Dogs earlier today. It was good and very enjoyable but a little short and lacking in content. Compared to GTA IV it feels very small indeed.

Still, it was fun, and I completed it just in time for Tales of Graces f which is out in a few days.

Anyone got Transformers: Fall of Cyberton then? Any good? I watched the GameTrailers review and they seemed to like it.

Transformers demo is pretty awesome, and I normally hate that sort of game.

Sleeping Dogs demo annoyed me to death. It felt like a hybrid of GTA, AC and Streets of Rage, but not as good at the things it borrowed as any of them. Don't think I could make it through the whole thing.

Been playing the Dust 514 beta. The concept is ambitious and fascinating, and the gameply has moments that are quite cool, but also balance issues, a very awkward interface, a touch of gear overload and waaaaaaaaay too much functional stuff currently unexplained. When you finally figure out how to get some new thing, just equipping it can be tricky, let alone using it correctly. Also, it's looking increasingly like the promises of not being "pay to win" may be well on their way to being broken, imo.

Anyone got Transformers: Fall of Cyberton then? Any good?
Putting aside my fanboyish glee, it's brilliant. So much better than the first one (which was a decent enough game itself), much more variety, the shooting mechanics feel better, the stealth levels are brilliant, the visuals are much improved. Haven't had a chance to dabble with the online/horde mode features yet.

You could rival Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw as a game critic Gareth. I'll probably pick up Fall of Cybertron at a later date when the price has gone down. There's plenty of other games I have or have coming and I'm starting a journalism course next Monday so I really shouldn't be playing games as much as I have been.

went to GAME to trade in sleeping dogs cos im really not fussed by it and i wanted madden 13 more, they had a deal on where i got £24 trade for it or £31 trade if i got something digital, so i got a £12 playstation+ thing, just got in and had a look, currently downloading -

little big planet 2

motorstorm apocalypse

borderlands

just cause 2

saints row 2

dead space 2

some tomb raider game

all free, anyone else got it? is it like this all year round?

I've had PS+ for a little over 12 months now. Well, I think its been that long anyway...had it at the time of the hacking, so got 6 months or something for free on top of what I'd paid for. It was actually really rather shit until about 3/4 months ago. They've now really started to push it though, and you'll be seeing at least 1 'big' game per month for 'free'. Worth it if you have a big HD in your console, and think you'll get round to playing them. Which I don't. But, I don't like the idea that I've missed out on something, so I download everything I dont already have, heh...

If you don't know, one of the best additional features of PS+ is an auto-update/download feature. You can time your PS3 to turn itself on at a certain of the day for a few hours, and it'll download anything in your download list, any patch for the PS3 games youve played recently, and any system updates, and then itll install them too. Handy. Mine is set for 4-6am everyday. If you didnt know it was in there though, its easy to miss. It's under system options, or whatever that bit on the XMB is after profiles

Was playing Sleeping Dogs but it got boring quite quick

Darksiders 2, decent-ish game but the performance of it is terrible and all over the place on 360, needs a patch quick otherwise I probably won't touch it again

Only game I'm playing and really enjoying at the mo is Kingdoms of Amalur

I think I'm entering another 'bored with games' period of my life

I've dove head first back in to Tales of Graces f, as the EU version arrived yesterday. I fully intended to do a complete run on hard/very hard/very very hard (or whatever theyre called when unlocked), but gosh Bryce is a little word removed. You're so limited in being able to level, equipment, titles, and Artes during the Childhood Arc, that I can't see a way past him. I tried and tried...but eventually switche and beat him on Moderate in about 20 seconds v____v Cheap sumbitch...

New Star Soccer (Android, but also available on iOS)

Must have put 10+ hours into it so far. Lost in the playoff final in consecutive seasons with Sheffield Wednesday, but just secured a dream move to Aston Villa! :D

Baldur's Gate II (PC)

A game I've completed 3 or 4 times already. As such, momentum is a problem. I've been working this save file for 3 or 4 years now, picking it up and dropping it again. It's always a pleasure, but every time I stop I know exactly what's coming the next time I start it up again, so I keep stalling. Legendary game though. Still looks fantastic due to the engine, artwork and a widescreen mod.

...and also Dirt 2 on PC. Got it in the Steam sale but I'm well accustomed to Codemasters racers and I love them. Uploaded some screenies here and here. Sadly it sounds like GRiD 2 is going to stink.

Â