What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Metroid Prime. I'm struggling to believe this came out in 2002. I am playing the Wii version, but it's identical bar the motion controls. How Retro Studios translated Metroid to a 3D first person space is one of the greatest achievements in gaming imo.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm the opposite, I thought it was near unplayable shite 😬

That said my time as a wii owner lasted approximately 2 weeks, I hate motion controls 

It just makes the whole game so much more immersive. They are spot on too. Don't think I can ever go back to pad controls for this now. 

I know a lot of games kind of shoe-horned the motion controls in, but when they're done thoughtfully you just can't go back.

The Wii was an amazing little system. Apart from the great first party titles (2 Zelda games for starters!), most models were completely backwards compatible with the GameCube, even including 4 controller ports and a memory card slot. Not only that, but it's ridiculously easy to softmod and it's probably the best emulation machine out there. That's how I was playing Super Metroid in its original resolution.

Wasn't having it then and I'm not having it now! 

My gaming habits are that my wife will go to bed between 9 - 10pm, ill go slump on the sofa and stick something on for a couple of hours, back when the wii came out I was at my parents home in my bedroom and played games till 3/4am 

I'm not doing motion controls, it's just outright not how I want to play games 

I was working at GAME at the time and got suckered in by how popular they were, traded my 360 for one, 2 weeks later I talked the manager in to letting my change it back 

Absolutely nothing for me, massive gimmick 

started playing it, its a strange game, had a couple of "game over" on it which was infuriating and i didn't fully understand it, its a little bit awkward in the controls and its proper text heavy, loads of reading, everything about it says i shouldn't like this game...and yet even early in maybe 2 hours i think its got me, i didnt want to turn it off last night...theres just something about it thats awesome and i cant put my finger on it, id say its a lot like point and click games like grim fandango or monkey island but its not off puttingly hard or complicated with the puzzles everything so far has kind of made sense im not reaching for youtube or game faqs to help me theres a lot that falls in to place quite naturally, the writing is brilliant 

I can't believe I am playing Civ V again but I love that game.  It's almost 22 years old which makes me feel a little old as well.

Marathon big maps on Prince difficult,  7 other AI players.  

Was going to have a little go a few months ago and now its an hour a night minimum. 

• Like 2

Recently had my partner move in with me and she brought her PS4 with her so I'm finally getting a crack at all the exclusives I missed out on after backing the wrong horse in the last console gen. Currently having a great time with Horizon: Zero Dawn and Spider-Man. God of War after these and before we know it its time to pick up our PS5 we have coming in October 😎

Spider-Man is probably my favorite at this point, real comfy flashbacks to the PS2 era game just swinging around the city and ignoring the ridiculously crime infested New York streets (I know its a game so needs gameplay but its worse than downtown Baghdad 🤣)

Currently playing 'The Forgotten City'

Usually not a big fan of mystery/adventure games but this one so far is very well done in terms of storytelling,gameplay,etc.

Highly recommend.

Loving getting stuck back into Gears. Currently running through the campaign mode on the Ultimate Edition while balancing it out with some online on Gears 5. Just like the old days! Only thing missing now is my headset and mates down the other end!

• Like 1

Â