What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Lockdown has really got me playing the PS3 a bit more - although as I was never a regularplayer, I only have Assassins Creed Games ( I,2 and Revelations ). I did buy that retro Sega collection thing but after 20 minutes of nostalgia, it's unplayably shit trying to enjoy Sonic or Alex Kidd nowadays. 

In need of new ones, I've ordered AC III and black Flag to fill that fix, but some variety won't go amiss. I've added Red Dead Redemption and a Call of Duty Game ( 4: Modern Warfare ) into the shopping basket for now as they seem to be well received.  Are there games similar to Timesplitters or Medal of Honor which I remember loving on the PS2 out there?

So how many times do I have to try and kill the Blood Starved Beast in Bloodborne?? At least a dozen attempts now.  YouTube suggests it's easy,  I beg to differ 🤬

• Like 1

WWE2K19 and FIFA20 mainly at the moment. Spent the lockdown going through my trophy hunt and ended up enjoying these a fair bit (WWE especially once I’d turned down the AI reversal sliders)

55 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Lockdown has really got me playing the PS3 a bit more - although as I was never a regularplayer, I only have Assassins Creed Games ( I,2 and Revelations ). I did buy that retro Sega collection thing but after 20 minutes of nostalgia, it's unplayably shit trying to enjoy Sonic or Alex Kidd nowadays. 

In need of new ones, I've ordered AC III and black Flag to fill that fix, but some variety won't go amiss. I've added Red Dead Redemption and a Call of Duty Game ( 4: Modern Warfare ) into the shopping basket for now as they seem to be well received.  Are there games similar to Timesplitters or Medal of Honor which I remember loving on the PS2 out there?

Best PS3 games I recall are:

Grand Theft Auto V

The Last of Us

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Batman: Arkham City

Elders Scroll V: Skyrim

Burnout Paradise

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

So how many times do I have to try and kill the Blood Starved Beast in Bloodborne?? At least a dozen attempts now.  YouTube suggests it's easy,  I beg to differ 🤬

Dodge to the left. All of its attacks can be dodged on that side. Change your gear to the highest poison resist you have. It's weak to fire so use fire paper if you have it and make sure you've got antidotes ready.

It's an annoying boss, but exploitable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rodders said:

Bioshock maybe? 

Then there's Little Big planet, orange box, the dead space games, resistance, killzone 2 and 3, the ratchet and clank games 

• Thanks 1

On 13/05/2020 at 17:36, wilko154 said:

Best PS3 games I recall are:

Grand Theft Auto V

The Last of Us

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Batman: Arkham City

Elders Scroll V: Skyrim

Burnout Paradise

I would add Dead Space, and possibly Dead Space 2, to that list.

I'm playing mostly Soulsborne games at the moment.

NG+ On 1 and 2 and still on first playthrough on DS3.

Haven't been into a series of games so much for ages. Good job I've got more time on my hands at the moment with being furloughed - thanks BoJo 😀

• Like 2

On 13/05/2020 at 17:37, wilko154 said:

Finished Uncharted 3, it was brilliant.

Now onto Uncharted 4 which looks like a step up with it being PS3 to PS4. So far so good!

Loved unchartered 4 - great storyline and use of characters/locations. 

55 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Have just bought Watch Dogs on the PS4 and will start properly once I finish unchartered 2&3 

first impressions are it’s promising but a lot to wrap my head around 

Its 2 things, firstly hugely disappointing because its nowhere near the game they tried selling at E3 and secondly just a typical run of the mill bang average 6/10 ubisoft game, same as the division for me, it's got some nice stuff but runs out of steam badly 

Ubisoft imo churn out big named playable but boring games, far cry 3 was great, AC O was great but they do so much that falls short 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its 2 things, firstly hugely disappointing because its nowhere near the game they tried selling at E3 and secondly just a typical run of the mill bang average 6/10 ubisoft game, same as the division for me, it's got some nice stuff but runs out of steam badly 

Ubisoft imo churn out big named playable but boring games, far cry 3 was great, AC O was great but they do so much that falls short 

I agree with this 100% and unfortunately UbiSoft's brand of playable snooze-fests sell really well.

11 of UbiSoft's releases this gen broke the 10+ million sales barrier which is unheard of, I mean Sony were excited that 6 of their games this generation broke 10+ million sales.

For those curious which UbiSoft games sold 10+ million this generation;

• Assassin's Creed: Unity
  • Assassin's Creed: Origins
  • Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
  • Far Cry 4
  • Far Cry 5
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
  • Tom Clancy's The Division
  • Tom Clancy's The Division 2
  • Watch_Dogs
  • Watch_Dogs 2

To me UbiSoft games are only fun if I'm in the right frame of mind. If I'm in the mood to play through a checklist of content then I'll always load up an UbiSoft game, but if I'm not feeling it then they are some of most boring games on the planet.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I'm playing mostly Soulsborne games at the moment.

NG+ On 1 and 2 and still on first playthrough on DS3.

Haven't been into a series of games so much for ages. Good job I've got more time on my hands at the moment with being furloughed - thanks BoJo 😀

I really need to go back to 2... At this point it's the only one of the Soulsborne series I've not finished (besides Demon Souls), and I've platinumed the other 2 Souls games.

Just can't quite click with it as much as the others. I've still got a decent chunk of it done mind.

5 hours ago, Daweii said:

I agree with this 100% and unfortunately UbiSoft's brand of playable snooze-fests sell really well.

11 of UbiSoft's releases this gen broke the 10+ million sales barrier which is unheard of, I mean Sony were excited that 6 of their games this generation broke 10+ million sales.

For those curious which UbiSoft games sold 10+ million this generation;

• Assassin's Creed: Unity
  • Assassin's Creed: Origins
  • Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
  • Far Cry 4
  • Far Cry 5
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
  • Tom Clancy's The Division
  • Tom Clancy's The Division 2
  • Watch_Dogs
  • Watch_Dogs 2

To me UbiSoft games are only fun if I'm in the right frame of mind. If I'm in the mood to play through a checklist of content then I'll always load up an UbiSoft game, but if I'm not feeling it then they are some of most boring games on the planet.  

Assassin's Creed Origins was brilliant, yet to play Odyssey.

Far Cry 4 is one of my favourite games, Far Cry 5 was good but it wasn't as good as it could have been.

For me Watch Dogs and The Division are games I just couldn't get into.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Are the Souls games harder than Bloodborne?

Not much in it tbh mate. If you like Bloodborne you'll be pretty comfortable with the DS games (they are amazing btw).

More shield, no gun and more defensive play basically 😀

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

I really need to go back to 2... At this point it's the only one of the Soulsborne series I've not finished (besides Demon Souls), and I've platinumed the other 2 Souls games.

Just can't quite click with it as much as the others. I've still got a decent chunk of it done mind.

Yeah I enjoyed 2 the first playthrough (when it was first released) but these new playthroughs have been much more enjoyable. I think its superb.

Â