What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

You're further than I am so I have all this to look forward to :)

I think I'm only on the 4th hospital. I'm making everything 3 star and sort of settle before I move on to the rest

Have too many games now after this Covid stuff, don't know what to stick with.

Have a Kingdom Hearts save I've very slowly and intermittently been going through for almost a year now, a FFVII save, a Donkey Kong Country Returns save and I started a Metroid Prime save yesterday for no damn reason. I'll probably choose Kingdom Hearts as I've figured out how to play PS2 games in native 16:9),

@villa4europe I need some Two Point Hospital help.

I keep getting patients storming out because I "don't have enough diagnosis rooms". But I have four. And there's no queues.
I've upgraded the machines in there and trained nurses to "Diagnosis 2" or better and it's still happening.

Am I missing something?

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Have too many games now after this Covid stuff, don't know what to stick with.

I'm the opposite, completed assassins creed at the wrong time

I have death stranding still in the wrapper from Xmas but there's just something about it putting me off, don't think I will enjoy it

Then 2 point hospital, Frost punk, witcher 3, ori, darksiders all sat in my game pass downloads

Shame FF7 got pushed back, if the old games came out on game pass today I'd effectively go in to gaming hibernation mode tucked away safe and warm with my xbox for 3 months

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

"working" from home, I'll have a look later

I think one thing you can do is increase the benches and magazine stands, shop etc which will make them willing to wait longer, if they get bored waiting they leave 

Cheers.

It's definitely getting more hectic when you're early on in a hospital as you unlock more and more stuff. It was easy at first when there were only a couple of rooms and items available.

Yeah I don't fully understand how the K currency works but so far I've kind of just played at a low level ticking off the relatively easy challenges accumulating the currency and unlocking the new stuff

I need to get deeper in to it all so I can see the benefits of sticking relatively cheap posters and notice boards everywhere or which items have the best value for money, energy drink machines rather than normal drinks etc

I haven't got in to it enough to have hygiene issues (or fire) but based on the green lighting when you put plants or sanitiser in I guess that's coming 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Yeah I don't fully understand how the K currency works but so far I've kind of just played at a low level ticking off the relatively easy challenges accumulating the currency and unlocking the new stuff

I need to get deeper in to it all so I can see the benefits of sticking relatively cheap posters and notice boards everywhere or which items have the best value for money, energy drink machines rather than normal drinks etc

I haven't got in to it enough to have hygiene issues (or fire) but based on the green lighting when you put plants or sanitiser in I guess that's coming 

The green lighting is attractiveness. The posters and plants give you the most. I've had some challenges to increase hospital attractiveness and that's what works.

Ends up making places look a bit stupid really as you stick a load of posters there to make it look "nicer"

• Like 1

Not much of a gamer but have played my lad’s PS4 recently and completed Jedi Fallen Order (most enjoyable) and have started the first Unchartered, which is good but pretty hard with all of the bad guys shooting in the jungle level... prefer the ‘puzzle solving’ bits personally.

On 17/03/2020 at 09:24, Stevo985 said:

The green lighting is attractiveness. The posters and plants give you the most. I've had some challenges to increase hospital attractiveness and that's what works.

Ends up making places look a bit stupid really as you stick a load of posters there to make it look "nicer"

You can hang the gold certificates (which give a huge amount of attractiveness and count towards leveling up a room) behind anything (bookcases, toilets) on pretty much any wall, anywhere so you don't see them.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

You can hang the gold certificates (which give a huge amount of attractiveness and count towards leveling up a room) behind anything (bookcases, toilets) on pretty much any wall, anywhere so you don't see them.

Cheers. I also refer you to this question:

On 17/03/2020 at 08:53, Stevo985 said:

@villa4europe I need some Two Point Hospital help.

I keep getting patients storming out because I "don't have enough diagnosis rooms". But I have four. And there's no queues.
I've upgraded the machines in there and trained nurses to "Diagnosis 2" or better and it's still happening.

Am I missing something?

Driving me mad. Trained my nurses to be Diagnostic 3. Training my GPS up. Plenty of diagnostic rooms. Still the same. People storming out due to lack of diagnosis rooms

Are you getting bottlenecks anywhere?  Ideally you want rooms to be their smallest possible size and as few unnecessary objects blocking corridors as possible (for example benches aren't essential and take up a lot of space).  Ideally you also want a ratio of 2 x staff per room so you have a continuous rotation with no downtime (also helps to have staff rooms nearby to minimise walking distances).  As you progress, you'll find that you'll want to have entire buildings dedicated to diagnosis, treatment, etc. effectively separating your hospitals into wings (with at least one bathroom and one staff room per wing).

If you're still having problems with diagnosis, I'd recommend looking up videos on the "diag mosh pit" approach, they lay out where and how you can optimise to get patients through the diagnosis as quickly as possible.

Another thing to be wary of is you should only ever spend money on rooms you need there and then, even if you get access to specific treatment rooms and the cash to build them, only ever build what you need as the level progresses (in essence growing your hospital "naturally" if that makes sense).  Otherwise you'll be staring into the barrel of a financial black hole and have vital floor space taken up by rooms you don't yet need.

Here's the mosh pit vid:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Are you getting bottlenecks anywhere?  Ideally you want rooms to be their smallest possible size and as few unnecessary objects blocking corridors as possible (for example benches aren't essential and take up a lot of space).  Ideally you also want a ratio of 2 x staff per room so you have a continuous rotation with no downtime (also helps to have staff rooms nearby to minimise walking distances).  As you progress, you'll find that you'll want to have entire buildings dedicated to diagnosis, treatment, etc. effectively separating your hospitals into wings (with at least one bathroom and one staff room per wing).

If you're still having problems with diagnosis, I'd recommend looking up videos on the "diag mosh pit" approach, they lay out where and how you can optimise to get patients through the diagnosis as quickly as possible.

Another thing to be wary of is you should only ever spend money on rooms you need there and then, even if you get access to specific treatment rooms and the cash to build them, only ever build what you need as the level progresses (in essence growing your hospital "naturally" if that makes sense).  Otherwise you'll be staring into the barrel of a financial black hole and have vital floor space taken up by rooms you don't yet need.

Here's the mosh pit vid:

I've done most of this. Not quite the specific layouts but I don't have bottlenecks. Like the current hospital I have 3 diagnosis rooms and still getting the messages.

8 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Also as you train up staff you can and should assign them to work in select rooms only.

Yeah done this too. Trained nurses up to be Diagnostic 2 or 3 and have made it so they're the only ones who work in the diagnosis rooms.

I shall persist and have a look at that mosh pit stuff.

Lucky my OCD like behaviour meant I was already trying to dedicate entire buildings to certain things, and trying to adjust my layout in general to mean all the GPs are in one place, DIagnosis in another, pharmacies in another etc etc

I've enjoyed the hospital I'm on though, the really small one with helicopters coming in and dropping off fracture patients. Nice challenge to try and fit everything in.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I've done most of this. Not quite the specific layouts but I don't have bottlenecks. Like the current hospital I have 3 diagnosis rooms and still getting the messages.

Yeah done this too. Trained nurses up to be Diagnostic 2 or 3 and have made it so they're the only ones who work in the diagnosis rooms.

I shall persist and have a look at that mosh pit stuff.

Lucky my OCD like behaviour meant I was already trying to dedicate entire buildings to certain things, and trying to adjust my layout in general to mean all the GPs are in one place, DIagnosis in another, pharmacies in another etc etc

Hmm, only other thing I can think of is if you've got a surplus of cash built up you could drop prices to rock bottom for a while? Patient happiness should shoot up and you'd get less walk outs in the immediacy.

• Thanks 1

Â