What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Risso said:

Downloaded Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4 yesterday.  As excellent as the last one so far, hugely enjoyable and much better than Uncharted.

gameplay and gunplay yes although if you start to try and do everything the grind can slow it right down, my advice would be to do what you need to and then do it all on a separate play through, i do like that its not a big open arena but actually very linear which is what naughty dog do

everything else though? uncharted is a lot better, iirc the voice acting in tomb raider is garbage, visuals im not sure what they've done for PS4 but uncharted is better, music uncharted, characters and plot, story etc TR doesnt come close

2 really good games but uncharted edged it for me, although uncharted is a play once and walk away experience in my head, TR i actually went back and did a ton of the extra stuff and picked up achievements, put probably 10-15 hours more in to it

Uncharted is somehow quite enjoyable despite the game. I'd pick Tomb Raider every time. I'd fully agree that the TR story is absolutely horrific, and few people can make a game look and sound the way Naughty Dog do. The difference for me is that when I finished Tomb Raider, I wanted to keep playing. when I finished Uncharted 4, I was pleased at the story wrapping up, and glad I wouldn't have to keep forcing myself through the gameplay.

I'd love to just watch an Uncharted movie though. In fact, for future Uncharted content I'll probably just watch the cutscenes on Youtube.

Currently racking up the hours on Skyrim remastered. I've already put over 200 hours into the original and i decided to play a sneak archer and i'm loving the game all over again. I'm also finding areas and items that i never ran into on my first play through. Such a good game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Attack on Titan: Wings of Freedom. It's basically Spiderman vs Dynasty Warriors.

As a Koei Tecmo game you know what to expect, but the license forces them to mix it up somewhat. It is fun although somewhat repetitive, they try to offset this by changing between 3-4 characters from mission to mission and you also get to play as

Titan Eren

Which might just be the most fun part of the game.

Just picked up Space Mraine for a £5 over at humble Bundle. Probably the most satisfying combat i've experienced for a few years. None of this hiding behind chest-high walls bollocks, you just see red, run in to a crowd, and don't stop swinging your axe until everything is dead. Great fun.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, V01 said:

I had half an hour on it Friday, can't see it having much longevity outside of the occasional co-op session.

Yeah the game is alright and much better in co-op, but I can't see myself getting it at least not at full price.

Just started Steamworld Heist, with pretty low expectations. I picked it up in the Humble Monthly pack that had XCOM 2, and thought it was pretty unfair on these guys a similar game, on the face of it, from some indie devs was being bundled in with a triple A game.

It's far, far more fun than XCOM. It doesn't have the fancy realistic graphics and animations, or expensive voice acting and cutscenes, but its humour and charm overcomes that easily, and the combination of turn based combat and positioning strategy combined with proper aiming rather than RNG bullshit makes me enjoy playing this far more.  Fantastic soundtrack too.

It's on Ps4 as well as PC, definitely worth checking out.

On 06/02/2017 at 12:46, Phumfeinz said:

Just completed Resident Evil 7, man that was intense. 

Yeah I've just finished it too. VR made a huge difference.  Brilliant game so I've brought the season pass. 

I'm playing The Witness. One of the most well reviewed puzzle games that's come out in years. From the same guy that made Braid.

I have to say it, perhaps I'm just a simpleton missing the genius behind this, but it's boring. Really, really, incredibly dull. 

It's like Portal if they took out the voice acting, narrative, and just had you wondering around solving the same kind of puzzles over and over again with no idea why you're doing it.

I've only put in a couple of hours, but I think I've had enough already.

The Witness's greatness supposedly comes through how clever it becomes. You think you know the rules and then it plays with them or it trains your brain to then notice the rules it's taught you in places you wouldn't expect, hiding very clever things in plain sight.

I've not personally played it, it seems like something you either feverishly become addicted to or bounce off entirely. The discussion of it at GoTY seemed to revolve around things that blew some peoples minds, but also were things some people wouldn't discover themselves.

I also can't stand Blow so I'm perhaps not it's audience anyway...

38 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm playing The Witness. One of the most well reviewed puzzle games that's come out in years. From the same guy that made Braid.

I have to say it, perhaps I'm just a simpleton missing the genius behind this, but it's boring. Really, really, incredibly dull. 

It's like Portal if they took out the voice acting, narrative, and just had you wondering around solving the same kind of puzzles over and over again with no idea why you're doing it.

I've only put in a couple of hours, but I think I've had enough already

I really like the Witness but it definitely falls short in some areas. The puzzles are some of the hardest and rewarding I've come across (f*ck tetris though). The problem is that you will hit a dead end on a number of occasions and be left with the choice to either hit your head against a brick wall staring at the same puzzle for ages or give up and move on. Either way, it does break the flow and immersion. When you do finally find that abstract solution, though, it is very satisfying - only once did I think the logic was cheap.

The easter eggs are very nice. I've been watching a lot of James Burke videos on Youtube thanks to this game.

Â