What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

He is on the console versions of the game, turret damage is being reduced by 30%.  They are leaving him on PC because of the difference in movement speed afforded to players using mouse and keys. 

It's a great route for Blizzard to take, balancing them separately straight away. Torbjorn's in a pretty decent place on PC and a nerf like that would kill him.

I'm surprised they're causing much additional problems on console really. Pharah wrecks turrets in 2-3 shots and outranges them. If the Torbjorn is decent and places them in a position  to counter Pharah, D.Va can walk in and clean it up pretty easily too.

PC has mouse and keys.  Players have significantly better aim and much faster turnspeed using mouse and keys than they do with a controller and as a result Torbjorn's turret is so much more powerful on console than it is on PC.  

BKhs4h9.gif

Still, I did get this an hour ago.  

• Like 1

Really enjoying Kick off Revival on the PS4 - it's the only thing stopping me playing Overwatch.

The release is utterly barebones (pre alpha would be kind), there's no manual/tutorial whatsoever,the graphics are terrible and the presentation is laughable so it's getting absolutely panned in the reviews but the gameplay is epic.

I would warn against buying it if you've never played the originals (it's probably akin to playing Dark Souls blindfolded) and even if you have, you still might want to wait until there is more meat on the bones (Dino has promised an update in July and further updates every 2 months)

6 hours ago, RunRickyRun said:

Really enjoying Kick off Revival on the PS4 - it's the only thing stopping me playing Overwatch.

The release is utterly barebones (pre alpha would be kind), there's no manual/tutorial whatsoever,the graphics are terrible and the presentation is laughable so it's getting absolutely panned in the reviews but the gameplay is epic.

I would warn against buying it if you've never played the originals (it's probably akin to playing Dark Souls blindfolded) and even if you have, you still might want to wait until there is more meat on the bones (Dino has promised an update in July and further updates every 2 months)

The reviews I've seen have slated everything about the game, including (and primarily) the gameplay

I've read that the publisher basically forced them to release it way way too early, allegedly, to capitalise on the Euro's against Dino's wishes. I'll judge it in a couple of months time.

Ive not found that to be the case yet. There are 21 characters (soon to be 22) and they play incredibly differently. Even if you get bored of the maps then changing from a slow moving short range bullet sponge like Reinhart to someone who can fly like Pharah makes it play like a completely different game. 

It's got a bit samei for me but then I'd say I'm only really any good with probably 3 characters, need to diversify it a bit myself

hoping they'll add more and more content, been out for what, 7 weeks? And they've added the competitive mode and a new character

i think the thing that holds it back for me is the levelling system and how there's no real point to it that I can see, the loot boxes aren't as good as they could be, they don't really offer much

They certainly unlock a bit slowly, but I really don't mind it.  One thing I dislike a lot about progression systems is when they simply convert time played into better equipment (hello Battlefield) as creates a glass ceiling which is tough to break through if you didn't get the game at launch and don't play it for hours and hours every week.   I do prefer the purely cosmetic route or the Call of Duty approach where the stuff you start with is often the best stuff.   Overwatch unlocks can be very stingy at times, it's disappointing when you level up to find that all you've done is unlocked three voice clips and a spray from characters you don't play as. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 14:53, The_Rev said:

Still playing Overwatch.  GOTY so far by a long way.   

Same here. It's great. Nice feel to it, nice balance and the variety of characters makes it feel fresh everytime. Blizzard have done it again.

Have been pumping hours into fallout 4 but just not progressing the main storyline. I love the fallout games but the story just hasnt captured me, instead im just building crazy settlements.

After a few months of this, out of nowhere last weekend i found myself downloading a load of skyrim mods and playing through it again and enjoying it massively.

Get back home tomorrow and am torn about which to play. Skyrim which i know i will enjoy, or falllout which i want to enjoy but find myself playing more out of a sense of duty!

Â