What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

As a games tester, I get annoyed when people blame it all on QA. The fact is, a lot of bugs get found but don't get fixed for one reason or another, normally due to budget and time constraints/lazy programmers.
There's no reason why that distinction should matter to the consumer. 'QA' in many people's minds refers to the process by which the bugs are reported and then followed up on, so if the bugs are sent back to testers 'working as intended' then it's still bad 'QA' to the end user.

Not that I'm disagreeing about the reason why bugs stay in games, though... I've read a lot about how dismissive devs are of their testers. Tales From the Trenches makes for a good read.

Agreed, and I'd also say that if you don't really know how the development process works then it's easy to dish blame. Nobody mentioned the term QA until I did but maybe I took it more personally than intended. I'll have to give that link a read though, I have no doubt that there are various situations in there that I've experienced and there are plenty of devs that I've worked with who have a god complex and that surely a lowly tester couldn't possibly be correct. Unfortunately I'd have to break my NDA in order to tell everyone about them though.

still playing saints row 2 am almost clocking it

next game will be either

yazuka 3

dead rising 2

saw 2

or infamous 2

although after being so impressed with saints row 2 i am thinking to jst go buy the 3rd and start on that!

As a games tester, I get annoyed when people blame it all on QA. The fact is, a lot of bugs get found but don't get fixed for one reason or another, normally due to budget and time constraints/lazy programmers.

Indeed. People seriously don't understand the pressure and constraints that games developers have to work under. If the publisher sets its date for release, which happens fairly often these days, i.e the 11.11.11 Skyrim date,set virtually a year before. I doubt Bethesda had any say at all in that, then that's when it comes out, no arguing - that's why we're seeing so many sloppy releases, being patched up at later dates. If you designed a game, it's your 'piece of art', it must drive developers nuts to see their unfinished/bug ridden games hit the shelves.

Need some cheap games to play, i know i could get them a little bit cheaper at cex but im tempted by the following;

Ghostbusters - £15

Banjo & kazooie: N&B - £20

Metro 2033 - £15

Toy Story 3 - £20

Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena - £20

Yeah i didnt get any of them in the end, would probably save about £25 by just going to cex instead.

Although i have just bought the monkey island double pack off psn.

Bought Banjo & Kazooie Nuts and Bolts yesterday for a tenner from CeX, how I havent played this before now I'll never know. Brilliant game so far. Fairly sure this got an absolute panning on release as well?!

Bought Banjo & Kazooie Nuts and Bolts yesterday for a tenner from CeX, how I havent played this before now I'll never know. Brilliant game so far. Fairly sure this got an absolute panning on release as well?!

Yep. great game.

It didn't get panned though, it was just not very successful at retail. I picked it up on release after listening to Brad Shoemaker sing its praises many times during their Game of the Year discussions.

Â