What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Forza 4. I've made the (now increasingly obviously bad) decision to try and get as many achievements as I can. Sadly one of them is get a first on every event list race. I think I'd right in saying theres knocking on for a thousand, if not more. Great game though, especially now I have a wheel :D

I managed to get Grim Fandango working again, so I'm playing that. Fantastic, classic game, but you have to enjoy adventure games and smashing your head against obtuse puzzles.

It's given me the appetite to maybe play through Psychonauts for the third time afterwards. I can't recommend Psychonauts enough, especially for any fans of Zelda-ish RPG-platformers (or indeed for those who like Double Fine's humour as exemplified in Grim Fandango).

I've been trying to play F1 2011 off and on, but pretty much just can't get into it. Way too hard with a pad. I must have sunk about 10 hours into it but haven't completed a single race - most of it was just reattempting practice and qualifying. The only achievement I have is the 'Have you tried Dirt 3?' achievement for skidding all over the track. Don't think it's for me.

EDIT: And I'm playing through Zelda: Wind Waker on emulator. Knew I'd forget one. I was loving it, but increasingly frequent game crashes have sucked the momentum out of my play through.

Currently I'm switching my time between Catherine and Mass Effect. Catherine has multiple endings so I'm halfway through to getting all of those and I've nearly finished Mass Effect and then it's onto Mass Effect 2. It's one big game franchise I didn't get into for one reason or another. I must admit, I don't really like the gameplay of the first game too much, it's a little clunky, but I played the demo of Mass Effect 3 the other day and it was so much better, so hopefully Mass Effect 2 will be more like that.

Before that I completed Skyward Sword and it is a really good game, although I prefered Twilight Princess. I love all the Zelda games though, I'm a huge fan and they're all great games.

Someone mentioned Psychonauts and it's one game I've never gotten around to getting and I've heard nothing but great things about it. I'll have to get around to it sometime soon but I still have Skyrim and Deus Ex: Human Revolution half unfinished, and the MGS HD Collection still to play through and all this talk of FF7 in this thread and the Final Fantasy thread has made me want to do another walkthrough since it's been years.

Then there's ME:3 and SSX out next month! So many games, so little time. Damn you social life.

Someone mentioned Psychonauts and it's one game I've never gotten around to getting and I've heard nothing but great things about it.

For me it probably represents the best buy for a tenner on Steam atm. All the positive hype was what brought me to it as well, as a relative latecomer, but at first I thought I'd been sold a pup. I didn't like the character design and the humour initially struck me as being tiresome childish wackiness. I stuck with it and became totally engrossed within the day. Now it's at a stage where, despite not completing it for a couple of years, memories of it keep popping back into my head, calling me to play again.

Gameplay is fairly basic platforming-plus-special-abilities but it's the environments and ideas which make it a classic. It probably calls for a gamepad but I managed okay with a keyboard and mouse.

Someone mentioned Psychonauts and it's one game I've never gotten around to getting and I've heard nothing but great things about it.

For me it probably represents the best buy for a tenner on Steam atm. All the positive hype was what brought me to it as well, as a relative latecomer, but at first I thought I'd been sold a pup. I didn't like the character design and the humour initially struck me as being tiresome childish wackiness. I stuck with it and became totally engrossed within the day. Now it's at a stage where, despite not completing it for a couple of years, memories of it keep popping back into my head, calling me to play again.

Gameplay is fairly basic platforming-plus-special-abilities but it's the environments and ideas which make it a classic. It probably calls for a gamepad but I managed okay with a keyboard and mouse.

I remember it being available for download on the Xbox Marketplace but I just read on Wiki that it was taken down. Hopefully they'll put it up again because I'd prefer to play a platformer on a console. If not though I'm sure it'll still be great on Steam.

I've only ever played one Tim Schafer game, Stacking. It was good, quirky and clever and a bit different, but I got a little bored of it.

I remember it being available for download on the Xbox Marketplace but I just read on Wiki that it was taken down. Hopefully they'll put it up again because I'd prefer to play a platformer on a console. If not though I'm sure it'll still be great on Steam.

I've only ever played one Tim Schafer game, Stacking. It was good, quirky and clever and a bit different, but I got a little bored of it.

I just remembered and should add that Psychonauts can be got from GOG.com as well as Steam, for those who don't like Steam or DRM.

It's actually the only Double Fine game I've played (apart from Schafer's little browser game about collecting jokes). Brutal Legend didn't appeal to me. Stacking and Costume Quest passed me by completely although I saw they were positively received, in the main. I'm hoping that the game they just funded on Kickstarter will be a little higher profile.

And SARPBC, ofc, always and forever.

Everytime I log onto the PS3 you seem to be playing that :)

I'm going to have to investigate it at some point.

ha yeh pretty much. It's incredibly sad, but it really is a staple of my normal weekday. Finish work, get home...play sarp. Do other stuff, eat dinner...play sarp :D If you ever give the demo a whirl let me know and I'll hook up with you for some matches

Never got the love of Double Fine. They do interesting stuff that never quite delivers. And everything they do is just the wrong side of 'quirky' for me.

Tim Schafer is the reason, not necessarily the company. The man has had a hand in some absolute classics.

Â