What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

It was my 2018 GOTY however, if you didn't like Origins then I'd steer clear. It's basically a more polished version of that.

I absolutely adore it tbh but it just ticked all the right boxes for me.

There were bits of Origins I liked, but there just wasn't nearly enough variety in it.  I love open world sandbox games in general, but not just doing the same 2 or 3 things over, and over again.  It's why I love RDR 2 so much.  You can be on your way to do a main mission, but then get sidetracked by a dozen other things to do, even just taking in the scenery. Origins was nice enough to look at, but only up to a point.  Not much in it made me really want to explore and do lots of other things.  I just raced through killing the main baddies, before getting bored and leaving it before the end.  I really liked the AC with the pirates and ship element, as that was something really different .

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

How is it? I've been tempted by this in the past.

It's a classic for a reason and a truly excellent remake.

You do have to bear in mind its a 14 year old game though. The remake has made it look better (in many ways - it's arguably made it blander too. The game originally had this... ethereal... atmosphere borne of the way it looked due to the hardware limitations. The new version is much cleaner) and run far better than it ever has, but the issues the game has remain. It controls... awkwardly, and the camera is not up to the standards you would expect today. It's perfectly playable but I found myself getting frustrated with it at times as I felt like the controls and camera got in the way.

But it is a classic. It's not like anything else that's been made. It's very slight, but it does a lot with it.

• Like 1

I'm flitting between a fair few games on the ps4 and switch to scratch the itch that has been left since I got the Plat on AC Odyssey. 

Might jump back on Witcher 3 at some point as I never finished it, and I also fancy another bash at Ghost Recon and Mass Effect Andromeda as I understand both have been positively patched since release.

On 15/01/2019 at 09:37, Hornso said:

Slowly making progress with Pokemon on the Switch. After a bit over 10 hours have 3 badges and have 46 in the Pokedex.

Feel like the last couple of days I've put another 3-4 hours into it for 1 more badge and 4 more in the Pokedex. Slow going.

played a it of forza horizons 4 on game pass, its just not my thing, the old GT where you got to buy a banged up car, win a couple of races kev it up, mess up the handling, tune it some more, win a series, win a car, licenses progression the almost RPG elements of it i absolutely loved, this where you get a mclaren senna in the build up drive to a castle shooting lasers  while jets fly over your head, its kind of like burnout meets SSX does nothing for me

Opted for Ace Combat 7 over Resi 2 today. I bloody love Ace Combat and apparently they've gone back to the bonkers OTT story and ridiculous anime-esque battles (flying down the barrel of a giant railgun before it fires FTW) of old.

Time will tell if I've made a hideous mistake.

4 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Opted for Ace Combat 7 over Resi 2 today. I bloody love Ace Combat and apparently they've gone back to the bonkers OTT story and ridiculous anime-esque battles (flying down the barrel of a giant railgun before it fires FTW) of old.

Time will tell if I've made a hideous mistake.

I brought this the weekend  I'm undecided at the moment but giving it another go later today. 

Resi 2 remake (excellent so far)

Jurassic Park Evolution (decent fun and of course DINOSAURS! )

And I've just ordered Dragon Quest XI after choosing it over the new Kingdom Hearts game so I'm looking forward to getting stuck into that over the weekend.

Still dipping in and out of about 5-6 others too so there's plenty about.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Pokemon let's go picachu what a addictive game this is. 

I've got Eevee. Happy to trade Pokemon that are unavailable in the Pikachu version for the ones you have access to if keen?

10 minutes ago, Hornso said:

I've got Eevee. Happy to trade Pokemon that are unavailable in the Pikachu version for the ones you have access to if keen?

What do you mean, you can’t get all the Pokemon. On this game ? You have to trade with someone who has the eevee version? 

Â