What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Monster Hunter World - I'll be playing this until God of War launches at this rate, that said I kinda hope my love for it dies off a little bit so I can maybe enjoy Kingdom Come: Deliverance in 2 weeks, but Monster Hunter World is eating my spare time right now.

21 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Zombi - The free game with Live this month.

Its actually ok to be fair, not bad at all when you consider its free.

'Zombi' is a game I wish sold better as I would love a sequel to that game.

'Zombi' had the issue of launching as a Wii U exclusive so when it finally hit Xbox, PlayStation and PC it was kind of looked at as damaged goods so it struggled to gain a solid player base.

The game though is very tense and the concept of death being a real threat is somewhat unique, I think the only other game that made death a massive negative was 'State of Decay' which is also brilliant and under appreciated.

7 minutes ago, Daweii said:

'Zombi' is a game I wish sold better as I would love a sequel to that game.

'Zombi' had the issue of launching as a Wii U exclusive so when it finally hit Xbox, PlayStation and PC it was kind of looked at as damaged goods so it struggled to gain a solid player base.

The game though is very tense and the concept of death being a real threat is somewhat unique, I think the only other game that made death a massive negative was 'State of Decay' which is also brilliant and under appreciated.

Yeah it does create tension and unease quite well, that's definitely its strong point. Graphics are so so and mechanics aren't triple A level but rating it as a free game its ok.

• Like 1

Got around to finishing Nier Automata recently. Never have I hated playing a game that I love so much. The playthroughs don't quite work, the hacking game it forces on you heavily in the latter half isn't anybodys idea of fun and the side quests are from an RPG released 12 years ago. 

The things it does right it absolutely nails,  sometimes less is more.

Edited by Rino8

Secret of Mana HD out on Thursday. Unsure about this one as I've got it on the SNES Classic and it's great. The gameplay footage is pretty uninspiring at the moment, and the voice acting seems utter shite. Will only get it if 1) the reviews are very positive and 2) you can change the voice-over volume to 0.

Currently on vacation in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. It was hard to tear myself away from Monster Hunter: World and I will return to that, but I had to play Kingdom Come at launch it's ****' rad. 

• 3 weeks later...

This evening, I'm sitting down with some rum, with the house to myself, and sinking several hours into Into The Breach.

It's simple, yet brilliant, and incredibly tough.  For those who haven't seen anything about it, think Chess meets XCOM, from the makers of FTL. It's a turn based strategy, played out on a series of grid based maps, that are only 8*8. You also know the enemies moves in advance. It's going to be a peice of piss, right? Nope.

It's nothing like either of them, but it really scratches that Battlerite or Rocket League itch for me. Short games, incredibly simple to pick up and play, but challenging to master. I can see this being my go to game for months.

Edited by Davkaus

I'm finding it hard to get hooked on a game in recent months. The last game I really got into was Skyrim, and that was on the PS3 so probably a good few years ago. I occasionally pick up Fifa and play one or two matches, but I'm too crap to get too into it. I sunk about 20-25 hours into Farcry Primal last year, but again, I'm struggling to get hooked on these open world games. I think it's because there's actually too much to do!

I'm considering getting back into PC turn-based strategy games like Civilisation and Heroes of Might and Magic. If anyone has any suggestions of modern games like these, I'm all ears. (Otherwise, I think I'll be digging out my HOMM3 cd-rom and putting it on my laptop :P)

I'm struggling to get hooked on these open world games. I think it's because there's actually too much to do!

I'm similar. There's not just too much to do, but in my experience much of it is superfluous. They're full of padding that distract from the fun of the game.

I now vastly prefer a focussed linear game that does a couple of things well, that can be finished in 8-12 hours. I really can't be arsed with these big sprawling open world games. I have no interest in GTA,  Horizon, Fallout. I find they're just an ocean of mediocre content that quickly outstay their welcome.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm similar. There's not just too much to do, but in my experience much of it is superfluous. They're full of padding that distract from the fun of the game.

I now vastly prefer a focussed linear game that does a couple of things well, that can be finished in 8-12 hours. I really can't be arsed with these big sprawling open world games. I have no interest in GTA,  Horizon, Fallout. I find they're just an ocean of mediocre content that quickly outstay their welcome.

I have interest in them, because I still remember that excitement when games like GTA 3 first came out. But, as you say, too many of the quests/missions feel identical. "Go here and kill this man".... "Go to this map location, find this item and take it to so-and-so".

Â