What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Seen a couple of YouTube vids of people playing it and it looks rock solid.
But in an addictive "just ONE more try" kind of way.

And yeah, visually it looks amazing!

I'm not a stranger to hard games (I finished Super Meatboy for instance). But Cuphead looks like it would tick my '**** this' box far too much.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Chindie said:

Don't be lulled into a false sense of security with the visuals. It's really, really, really bastard hard apparently.

Yeah I heard that.  All the better for it I say :) 

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

Ahem...beers were indeed drank, for much of the weekend, but alas no Cuphead was played.

Report to come soon...

I'd imagine drunken Cuphead would not be good for your health, or general surroundings.

Nier Automata - Not quite sure how I feel about it. For your first 15-20 hours or so it's a brilliant game. And then it keeps going, and going, and you notice every side quest is a fetch quest with no reward or purpose and they force you to play as a character where combat is an absolute chore.

It's a shame because the story and gameplay are really well done. It's just padded out beyond belief.

Just looks like one of those games that will have you screaming "I HATE THIS GAME! IM NEVER PLAYING IT AGAIN" as you throw your controller across the room.

Then you go and pick it up and play for 5 more hours :)

• Like 1

On 15/10/2017 at 08:57, AVFCDAN said:

It’s f**king hard.

I should probably elaborate on this.

For the money it’s worth it (around 18 quid). It’s definitely a throw back game, in the sense it’s about boss battles with a bit of platforming but mostly timing based play. It has charm galore and that’s really what rises it above a 5-10 quid Xbox live game, the music and visuals really stand out and it just about treds a fine line between rewarding and frustrating, overall it’s recommended.

Edited by AVFCDAN

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in a bit of a rutt at the moment. In sales on PSN recently I've bought Nonary Games and Dreamfall Chapters, so I've got them to play. I bought the season pass for Before the Storm, which I started, but it just made me want to restart Life is Strange, so I did - but only the first episode. I also bought Skyrim not long ago, plus I've still got Persona 5 (aiming for plat, otherwise it would have been finished loooong ago) and Horizon Zero Dawn to complete. Then I also keep returning to Fortnite and Rocket League now and again. All in all I can't get any sort of momentum going with any single game.

On 11/4/2017 at 09:01, SuperTed said:

Just purchased the WW2 COD. Mixed reviews online, more of the same, etc. Looking forward to the Zombie player online! 

Yes I generally only buy these for the zombies.  Online multiplayer is just ####, maybe the campaign might be worth a play through. 

• 3 weeks later...

Wolfenstein 2. Loved the 1st, this one's more of the same. Continues to tell a very good story and you get to shoot Nazis. The game has some down right unfair difficulty spikes but aside from that I can't fault it.

Â