What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

On 8/6/2017 at 16:42, lapal_fan said:

I picked deadpool and saved up those pink things which are in game currency.

They randomly drop from enemies on a timer around every 5-7 minutes.  Only 1 to 5 drop, 1 being common, 5 being very rarely.

I saved up 750 of those really bad people, unlocked full deadpool and I'm bored of it.

I grinder for about 20 hours for those **** pink things, and got bored after unlocking him after about 5 hours. 

I imagine the games better playing with friends, but my god, what a grind fest.

Damn that autocorrect :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

So Hellblade is getting amazing reviews from all and sundry. Interesting perma death system they've included that ties in to the subject of mental health but may also put a lot of people off. I've enjoyed Ninja Theory's (flawed) past games so it sounds like they've put all their experience into this one. Anyone else picked/picking it up?

20 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

So Hellblade is getting amazing reviews from all and sundry. Interesting perma death system they've included that ties in to the subject of mental health but may also put a lot of people off. I've enjoyed Ninja Theory's (flawed) past games so it sounds like they've put all their experience into this one. Anyone else picked/picking it up?

Yeah I'm intrigued. It seems quite light on the gameplay front but I like the idea of what they've done, triple A crossed with indie at reduced cost, and it looks fantastic, the production quality everywhere seems brilliant. The sound is supposedly exceptional. I also like the idea of using mental health in the plot with some subtlety and nuance.

I'll pick it up eventually.

I've heard the permadeath thing isn't really that onerous but apparently to go into why is a bit of a spoiler, send it might be overplayed in its impact.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried a couple of twin stick shooters tonight:

Nex Machina - Really highly reviewed but really disappointing considering the high praise. The enemies are as generic as it gets and there's little in the way of tactics apart from shooting the most pertinent target. I'll sink a few hours into it though as it's still fun though I doubt I'll be chasing a high score.

Neon Chrome - A slower, more tactical shooter with some fun RPG elements. I really like playing as with a melee build, unleashing hell on unsuspecting enemies. The only really challenge I've faced are from the bosses but it's definitely worth a look. I'm going to try and complete this without sinking any points into the stat boosts to ramp up the challenge.

On ‎7‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 01:42, lapal_fan said:

I picked deadpool and saved up those pink things which are in game currency.

They randomly drop from enemies on a timer around every 5-7 minutes.  Only 1 to 5 drop, 1 being common, 5 being very rarely.

I saved up 750 of those really bad people, unlocked full deadpool and I'm bored of it.

I grinder for about 20 hours for those **** pink things, and got bored after unlocking him after about 5 hours. 

I imagine the games better playing with friends, but my god, what a grind fest.

You are absolutely right.

I ended up spending money, and it was just the same shit over and over, with little reward. This is the sort of game you would expect to download on your phone, not a PS4 game.

LEGO Harry Potter collection, got it in sale. Been a while since I played a LEGO game but loved Star Wars and Indiana Jones back in the day. Glad to see the series hasn't lost its charm. Great little pick up and play game. Nearly finished Zodiac Age so will dip in an out of LEGO and Batman Telltale for a bit after that.

• 2 weeks later...

madden 18

its shinier than last year...

tbf I've only played a couple of games at not really got in to it yet, still think the way the training is set up and tied in to the experience development is something FIFA really needs to implement to add depth to it, that said im hoping but doubting madden needed to implement a better scouting system, i'll admit i find it near unplayable with the WR catching at the default 50, frustrates the **** out of me, i think in my first franchise game i had about 30 pass attempts and around 8 of them were dropped

not got round to playing the story mode but will at some point

• 2 weeks later...

I'm counting down to Divinity Original Sin 2. I booked Friday off work to play it. :blush:

The last one was easily my favourite RPG in the last few years, and this looks better in every way. I'm hoping to bully some friends in to buying it so we can try out GM mode. 

Edited by Davkaus

On 13/09/2017 at 13:54, Davkaus said:

I'm counting down to Divinity Original Sin 2. I booked Friday off work to play it. :blush:

The last one was easily my favourite RPG in the last few years, and this looks better in every way. I'm hoping to bully some friends in to buying it so we can try out GM mode. 

It came out about 45 hours ago. I've been ingame for 23 hours. I should go outside today...

It's absolutely bloody brilliant. Definitely my game of the year.

Very much an iteration on the first game. Combat mechanics are the same, but there are a lot more spell options. Dialogue and quests work the same as well, but there's a lot more back and forth with your party as your companions have their own objectives and personality, and will sometimes just ignore you and do what they want. 

I'm already looking forward to a second playthrough with different characters to see how much changes.

Edited by Davkaus

I remember those! Especially in the chests, being one-shotted when you thought you could loot, bastards. I haven't had that happen to me at all yet, and I'm (I think) about half way in to the second act. There's still traps, and it's a good idea to scout ahead to deal with the,, but they're not going to wipe your whole party if you miss one (not on normal, anyway).

The first 10-15 hours feel a lot harder than the first game though, but in a different way. I know a lot of people just felt lost in the last one, in a massive town, with dozens and dozens of quests, and no idea where to go. There's a bit less of that this time. The quests each have their options for how to solve them, and there's not a lot of hand-holding, but there's less overload in terms of the amount of quests you have sat in your quest log at any one time. The combat is absolutely brutal at first though. I'm only playing on the standard difficulty which was fine, maybe a little easy last time, but this time it was kicking my arse and I was having to find any way possible to avoid combat.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/10/2017 at 17:13, BOF said:

Saw Cuphead at the weekend.  Utterly adorable/gorgeous animation and theme.

Don't be lulled into a false sense of security with the visuals. It's really, really, really bastard hard apparently.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Don't be lulled into a false sense of security with the visuals. It's really, really, really bastard hard apparently.

Seen a couple of YouTube vids of people playing it and it looks rock solid.
But in an addictive "just ONE more try" kind of way.

And yeah, visually it looks amazing!

Â