Arsene's demise...

gilbertoAVFC

Both nationalities would strongly disagree with that. Currently in München and there is a big rivalry between the 2 countries that I never knew about

never hear of that Hitler chap ;)

Nah, for Ireland you don't even have to have been there. A passable impression of Father Ted or knowing any of the words to a B*Withced song will do the trick for them

its actually drink a pint of Guinness and your in ;)

Both nationalities would strongly disagree with that. Currently in München and there is a big rivalry between the 2 countries that I never knew about

never hear of that Hitler chap ;)

But they dont have a thing with the Czechs, Hungarians, Belgians, Danes and some of the other countries they tried to conquer in the 1930s.

Apparently it was someone called Ozyakup (sp). I have to admit I have never heard of him.
Then you don't read our reserves thread where Oguzhan Ozyakup is 9th in the scoring chart this season :) Shame on you :P

podolski and van persie up front will be one lethal partnership up top

if they can sign a couple defenders, a strong CM and a winger I think they could be a massive force next season

A lot of if's there mate, especially with the penny watching Wenger in charge.

I also think you need to consider that they lost two of their best players last summer because they were entering the last 12 months of their contract. At this moment in time RVP seems reluctant to sign a new deal and come the summer will be in exactly the same position as Nasri and Fibreglass.

Will RVP stay? Man City and Real are already sniffing around and sounding out. Will Arsenal be in the CL next season?

There are a lot of question marks about Arsenal and the direction they are heading in and even if they sign Podolski those questions will remain through the remainder of the season and more than likely throughout the summer.

Whatever happens I personally don't see them being a massive force next season.

podolski and van persie up front will be one lethal partnership up top

Be interesting to see how it pans out. He was crap at Munich because he was homesick. I've heard he's not the brightest spark. It could be a stroke of genius or another Reyes...

in fairness doubt Milan have cash for him. Probably teams that can afford him will be City, Chelsea, PSG, Malaga and Real Madrid and maybe Juventus and Bayern. Cant see Barcelona being interested.

Think staying at Arsenal isnt as far fetched if they get Champions League

Why would he waste another season at Arsenal?

He is 28 and will be 29 by the start of next season so I'd say its now or never if he is going to get a big move. I don't know what wages he is on at Arsenal but I can't imagine its more than about £80k, he could more than likely double that at a number of the clubs mentioned above.

Putting aside money though since he has been at Arsenal since 2004 RVP has won an FA Cup and a Charity Shield to add to the UEFA cup he won while in Holland. That is it. Not much to show for a player of his ability is it and time is running out for him.

All things considered I think it is highly unlikely he will stay at Arsenal, especially as Arsenal sold Nasri and Cesc last summer rather than allow them to run down the last year of their deals. I don't see RVP signing a new deal so I'd say his exit is very much on the cards.

i think Arsenal are actually on the soundest footing long term of all the top english clubs other than perhaps City. and i think will be much better next season.

new stadium built and almost paid for. extremely good financial results. squad packed with young players, youth and reserve teams bursting with talent.

yes they havent won a trophy in a long time but its not like they havent been competing, havent they been in 2 champions league finals during that time?

havent been helped this season with the yearly injury nightmare they seem to have which has been even worse than usual, and the shock of losing fabregas and nasri.

they have a core of a great squad. i rate szczesny, vermaelen, song, wilshire, chamberlain, rvp as being currently or potentially becoming world class.

i still think wengers job is secure even if they dont finish top 4, though i think he knows he is nearing last chance saloon and will give the squad a proper working over in time for next season. Arshavin out and Podolski in look to be early signs of that. A front 3 of RVP, Chamberlain and Podolski is frightening. Add in the midfield combo we will likely see of Song, Arteta and Wilshire and thats a damn good first 11, with the likes of Gervinho and Walcott in reserve, both who i think will come good. With Chamakh out in the summer along with the likes of Squillachi, more signings like the linked Goetze and Hazard and i think theyd be the ones closest to give man city a run for their money.

Im the opposite to Trent and believe RVP will stay. He is even more of a club man than Henry was before leaving, and i think he will give it at least another season before walking away. I have no doubt he has had words with wenger and is expecting signings this summer though.

Â