Arsene's demise...

gilbertoAVFC

Hi. Would have put this in an Arsenal thread on VT but couldn't find one (couldn't be arsed to skip across the pages as my internet's terrible)...

Does anybody know any betting sites which have the 'next manager to be sacked' special on currently?

For some reason Will Hill and Paddy Power don't and like I said it took me about five minutes just to get to this page so a quick post would be most appreciated.

Cheers, Sam

He's a great manager but never quite sorted the defence. He inherited a very good one, but hasn't been able to replicate it. I think Song is a good player, and Frimpong looks very promising, but they've never had anyone of Vieira's calibre in the middle since he left.

ff anyone deserves the luxury of a transitional season, it's Arsene Wenger.

I do think he needs to go back to what made him successful and buy two powerhouses in midfield (a la Viera and Petit).

Isn't this about his seventh transitional season?

No can deny that he has had some great success with Arsenal but how long can you live on former glory?

ff anyone deserves the luxury of a transitional season, it's Arsene Wenger.

I do think he needs to go back to what made him successful and buy two powerhouses in midfield (a la Viera and Petit).

Isn't this about his seventh transitional season?

No can deny that he has had some great success with Arsenal but how long can you live on former glory?

Football is all about money these days, as long as he is consistently in the CL, he's doing fine.

With the amount of money he's spent, what he's doing with Arsenal is still pretty incredible. His problem is that it just isn't quite as incredible as what he was able to achieve at first, and he's paying the price for those raised expectations. I think Arsenal would suffer if they lost him, certainly.

I think Wenger arrogance has cost him dearly. He wanted to build a team of young players but when going got tough he never tried to add experience or bite.

e.g He could have got Parker and Cahill in last 2 windows and both went for combined 12 million and would have been good signings instead of Gervinho or Mertesacker

He is fast becoming a joke, his recent interview after the Sunderland defeat in which he talked about spirt was akin to the best work of comical Ali.

As Zatman rightly points out his recent signings have been rather desperate and I'd argue he has signed some right old shite especially with the two mentioned above.

Â