coda

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AVB on thin ice in my opinion he looked scared/shocked at the end when the boo's went around the stadium.. Napoli is a huge game (even bigger than before)

For what it's worth I'd still have him here..

I think he'll bounce back, although maybe not with Chelsea. Too young to be put in charge of such a large clique of experienced players at such a big club I think, especially as half of them seem to be still pining for Jose.

AVB on thin ice in my opinion he looked scared/shocked at the end when the boo's went around the stadium.. Napoli is a huge game (even bigger than before)

In a fuppin heartbeat!

If he can get Drogba, Terry and Lampard out of the club he might be allowed do things his way.

So would I. Unfortunately a bigger club will snap him up if he gets the sack. I could see him going to Arsenal. He went there on my FM game.

Really?

If failure to organise your team to win premier league and cup matches with increasing regularity, inability to work with experienced players, and utter failure to organise an effective defence are qualifications for the Villa post, I guess he's a shoe-in.

He reminds me a bit of Houllier.

Short sighted football fans shocker, managers have 3 months to prove themselves now, and it's pathetic. Sometimes it's clear it isn't going to work out but AVB has got to change the whole culture at the football club which as we saw last season doesn't work at all straight away.

All the successful clubs have evolved, Chelsea seem to refuse to, whereas clubs like Arsenal have for different reasons.

Chelsea fans were an embarrassment calling for Mourinho on Saturday, and don't deserve Villas Boas who has already proved he is a fantastic manager. The problem at Chelsea isn't the manager its the players, too many overage, disinterested players who don't have the ability to compete for the Premier League title.

Villas Boas has had the balls so far to sell the likes of Anelka, whilst drop Malouda, Lampard and Drogba who haven't proved to be good enough. Unfortunately the chairman star striker has turned into Heskey and his high line defending is taking time to implement. Chelsea however can't take a transitional season and instead would continue to be happy finishing in an average top four position with the odd FA Cup win when in fact they should be doing better with their bankroll.

This is a team who have barely won anything significant in the past four years compared to the previous four.

Really?

If failure to organise your team to win premier league and cup matches with increasing regularity, inability to work with experienced players, and utter failure to organise an effective defence are qualifications for the Villa post, I guess he's a shoe-in.

He reminds me a bit of Houllier.

Or McLeish.

He was Villa manager on my FM after Mcleish got sacked when he lost 6-0 to Everton :lol:

He replaced me after I got sacked as Villa manager for coming 15th. I'd settle for that happening this summer tbh.

I do think he was foolish for taking a job as big as Chelsea so early. He has had nothing but success which is always risky as sometimes you need to have got things wrong in order to get things right in the long term. He's having his troubles now in a hugely pressurized job and has nothing to fall back on. It's why I wouldn't give Randy stick for appointing McLeish based on him getting a pretty ordinary team relegated twice when he has had plenty of success too.

Â