coda

another team full of rocket polishers that for too long have been labelled as world class, with the slow realisation that so many of them arent it can only be one mans fault...

i feel sorry for him, its not like us where a fair few of our players have never been held in such high regard, especially our back 4 and now the fans cant understand where its going wrong, id say at a guess most chelsea fans seriously believed that cole/terry and maybe even cech were the best players in the world at their position, whilst also having luke young syndrome with bosingwa who has been dire since returning

add to that problem that is fernando torres who AVB is wrong for playing because he's not playing well and right for playing because he needs games, sturridge who is unhappy and IMO can try to hard, his expensive young CB who the fans love but simply isnt very good and thats before you mention the likes of drogba and malouda who IMO are finished at the club

it needs a complete overhaul and will take them ages and a lot of money again, possibly most annoying for roman is that arnason or whatever his name was expensive plans to redevelop the youth hasnt really payed off, they've flogged most of them

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RA was at the Chelsea Training ground for about 7 straight days the other week , he isn't usually there that frequently

He spent this time mainly with Michael Emenalo and it sounds as though a big clear out is planned for the summer .. Emenalo was the person behind Wilkins sacking and someone trusted by RA .. and probably part of Chelsea's problems as RA listens to his "friends" too much when it comes to footballing matters

All BIG purchases are sanctioned only by RA and I get the impression the manager doesn't appear to have a say in the situation

AVB wasn't the first choice and though RA does change his mind almost daily, as I understand it AVB is safe (least he was after my conversation on Sat night with my friend there ) ... though i'm hoping I will get the chance to clean up should that situation change :winkold:

Can i go against th egrain and say i think Torres has been pretty good lately.

Ok he hasn't scored, which is a large negative, bu he's been doing everything else, kind of like the opposite of Darren bent.

I don't think it'll be long before he's properly back on form again.

£70m on Luiz and Torres. Amazing. It's not like they've just struggled to live up to a big price tag and have actually been alright, they've been both unbelievably shit.

Luiz is one of the worst defenders I've seen. How on earth they've paid £20m for him is baffling.

£70m on Luiz and Torres. Amazing. It's not like they've just struggled to live up to a big price tag and have actually been alright, they've been both unbelievably shit.

Luiz is one of the worst defenders I've seen. How on earth they've paid £20m for him is baffling.

He started off well though, first dozen games, but this season he has been poor. Goes too far forward.

Can i go against th egrain and say i think Torres has been pretty good lately.

Ok he hasn't scored, which is a large negative, bu he's been doing everything else, kind of like the opposite of Darren bent.

I don't think it'll be long before he's properly back on form again.

Absolutely agree.

Similarities to our season, however they are in a proper season of transition whereas we just have a shit manager. Once they clear out the old guard (Terry, Fat Frank, Drogba, Malouda etc...) I think they'll start to do well under AVB if he is given the chance of course.

So we just have a shit manager and don't need to clear out the old guard? :shock:

New manager, same players, rock on Championship!!

It cost Chelsea £28m to pay off Ancelotti and his staff and poach AVB. They've spent £64m on mangers in four years. Capello and his team will cost England approaching £40m.

There's another agenda behind why Abramovich is at Chelsea

He wanted John Terry to shag his wife so he had a reason to divorce her?

It's much more difficult for the Russian mafia to get away with murdering an oil baron if he also happens to be an extremely famous football club owner. Roman was buying worldwide celebrity when he took over at Chelsea.

He's not a defender. It's baffling to me that he's still being played there.

I don't think anybody could have foreseen Torres struggling as he has. I think most thought his problems were Liverpool related and that while it might take time he'd get back to decent form soon enough. I have no idea, still, how a player so incredibly talented could turn so desperate over night. Physically he looks fine to me, his confidence to take people on and showboat is still there. Yet stick him in front of goal and he's Heskey. Even worse, I don't see him missing many chances, he doesn't seem to be getting into the positions. Very strange.

AVB has lot's of potential, is clearly a good coach, I just think this job is beyond him. It would have been a great stepping stone for him to come somewhere like Villa, build a style and a squad without the same pressure, learn about our footballing culture for better and worse. They'll sack him, maybe Spurs will take him and he'll get there eventually.

as it was at Staines town near me i got persuaded to go and watch Chelsea v West Ham youth tonight with my chelsea and West HAm supporting mates ( crowd was nearly 1600 for a youth team match )

Chelsea youth were some decent individuals but didn't gel as a team ..West Ham got stuck in after conceding an early goal and then having scored to go 3-2 up with 30 secs left should have won ..but managed to concede and go out on pens

but in John Swift (Chelsea) I think I've just witnessed the next Gareth Barry

Hiddink took over as manager of Anzhi Makhachkala yesterday

The joke inside Chelsea yesterday was how AVB's arse must be much less clenched now..

Though it was only from a text I do get the vibe he isn't particually liked inside the club....

Hiddink took over as manager of Anzhi Makhachkala yesterday

The joke inside Chelsea yesterday was how AVB's arse must be much less clenched now..

Though it was only from a text I do get the vibe he isn't particually liked inside the club....

I'm not surprised, usually happens when a new manager comes in and has the balls to shake things up. That's when the old guard start to say hang on and kick a fuss, and there's only one winner then.

Â