coda

On 02/01/2022 at 19:30, villalad21 said:

Can easily see Tuchel getting sacked at the end of the season if he doesn't win anything.

If / when they go out the Champions League I think he will get sacked.

Zidane the obvious high profile available manager who they haven't already sacked. Unless they actually want to start building a sustainable team then Ten Haag would be good shout. He'd do a really good job bringing through the 10,000 young players they have on their books.

Edited by pas5898

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't sack the manager every time they don't win the league vs kloop or pep... But they probably will

What happened to the watertight defence that made them look so good last year? 

Chelsea need continuity, chopping and changing too fast for their own good, I don't see the problem being what they have the problem is what Man City have and they should ride it out knowing Man City don't have it forever 

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They can't sack the manager every time they don't win the league vs kloop or pep... But they probably will

What happened to the watertight defence that made them look so good last year? 

Chelsea need continuity, chopping and changing too fast for their own good, I don't see the problem being what they have the problem is what Man City have and they should ride it out knowing Man City don't have it forever 

They are probably going to lose Rudiger, Azpilicueta and Christensen all on a free this summer as well. 

• 4 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Seem to recall that Abramhovich took Maltese citizenship a few years ago to get around the economic sanctions 

Yeah Malta to the chagrin of like the whole rest of the west used to sell citizenship (and thus an EU passport) for €1 million 

2 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Seem to recall that Abramhovich took Maltese citizenship a few years ago to get around the economic sanctions 

Wiki suggests he took Israeli citizenship a few years ago, and then Portuguese citizenship last year. It's not clear whether he's a dual Portuguese-Israeli citizen, or whether he's just Portuguese, from the entry.

His personal wealth probably is quite exposed to the consequences of a Russian invasion of Ukraine, less that he would be personally sanctioned but more that the value of his stake in Evraz and the holding company for his Russian-listed assets would be expected to sink, but to be honest Russian equities have already done horribly over the last four months or so, but I'm sure he's managing to keep the lights on.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Wiki suggests he took Israeli citizenship a few years ago, and then Portuguese citizenship last year. It's not clear whether he's a dual Portuguese-Israeli citizen, or whether he's just Portuguese, from the entry.

His personal wealth probably is quite exposed to the consequences of a Russian invasion of Ukraine, less that he would be personally sanctioned but more that the value of his stake in Evraz and the holding company for his Russian-listed assets would be expected to sink, but to be honest Russian equities have already done horribly over the last four months or so, but I'm sure he's managing to keep the lights on.

Knew there was something along the lines, was in the media a fair bit around the time of the Salisbury poisonings IIRC along with rumours that he was potentially losing interest. 

I think its a fair assumption that any renewed sanctions on Russia will have a far greater impact on the average citizen than the likes of Abramovich 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/02/2022 at 00:55, HanoiVillan said:

His personal wealth probably is quite exposed to the consequences of a Russian invasion of Ukraine, less that he would be personally sanctioned but more that the value of his stake in Evraz.

He's down £500m on Evraz already apparently. 

It will be interesting to see how things develop as the situation in the Ukraine continues, both Abramovich and Usmanov at Everton have close ties with Putin and will have a big target on their backs if the US is forced into a position where it has to bank Russia back into the stone age.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's down £500m on Evraz already apparently. 

It will be interesting to see how things develop as the situation in the Ukraine continues, both Abramovich and Usmanov at Everton have close ties with Putin and will have a big target on their backs if the US is forced into a position where it has to bank Russian back into the stone age.

Yes, Evraz is down about 45% on the year so far and 30% down today alone. It's not just about the Ukraine situation, but that appears to be the main driver. As you say, the 'worth' of his share holding declined by about £540m today apparently.

Of course much of that may reappear pretty rapidly as the situation de-escalates, and his overall worth is not only tied up in the one company.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Of course much of that may reappear pretty rapidly as the situation de-escalates, and his overall worth is not only tied up in the one company.

Absolutely, but if things escalate and he loses access to some of the assets in his £13.8bn portfolio, then I'd be a little nervous if I were a vanity project that owed him a billion pounds.

Every cloud.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Absolutely, but if things escalate and he loses access to some of the assets in his £13.8bn portfolio, then I'd be a little nervous if I were a vanity project that owed him a billion pounds.

Every cloud.

Yeah, to be clear, there's no way this is *good* for Chelsea, just a question of whether it's bad enough to make an impact.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â