coda

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not surprised as Lampard sets his teams up naively away from home. Derby took a few beatings in the Championship

Don't think it's a Lampard issue, Chelsea have been in shocking away form all year.

Under Sarri they lost 4-0 at Bournemouth, 6-0 at Man. City, 2-0 at Everton and Liverpool and also 2-0 at Arsenal.

To me it boils down to just seeing their 11 and Hazard isn't on it anymore. Not just his goals and assists but he was also a superb dribbler and was brilliant at winning fouls which you need to run down the clock in away games.

It's similar to when Spurs lost Bale and their level dropped for a couple of seasons.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Mount I can't believe is a starter more than Tammy, never once stood out when say him for Derby 

Hilariously I thought he was their best player on Sunday. 

I don't like that double pivot of Jorginho and Kovacic. Both solid footballers, but neither of them quite do *enough* to affect the course of a game often enough when in that deeper role. It feels like a massive waste of resources.

Kante coming back in will make a huge difference I'm sure, perhaps giving Kovacic, who has a bit more about him, license to roam. There's Willian also and I'd start with Giroud up top to give the attacking 3 somebody to play off. 

I know they got battered in the end but there's enough there for me to think they will finish top 8. I don't know what they're expectations are though, they've lost the plot if they're thinking top 4. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure Mount playing for Derby was similar to Jack with us. They had long winless spell when he was injured mid season (didn't play in either of the league hammerings we gave Derby) and then their form really improved when he came back and they made 6th. He also had a good spell in Dutch league in 17/18.

Wouldn't have him as regular starter at Chelsea but think he's good enough to be part of the squad.

I don't know what they're complaining about.

Any side with Willian, Pedro and Barkley in advanced roles supporting Giroud has a chance at outscoring an opponent.

They've got a very solid central and holding midfield too, and some world class full backs. They should be challenging Europe.

• 5 weeks later...

Seems Franks faith in the youth players is paying off. Whilst I still think they’ll concede a lot, you really can’t fault their attacking play. Especially when you think Hudson Odoi will be back in that front line as well, it could be frightening 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Seems Franks faith in the youth players is paying off. Whilst I still think they’ll concede a lot, you really can’t fault their attacking play. Especially when you think Hudson Odoi will be back in that front line as well, it could be frightening 

Great to see a young English manager giving young English players a chance at a top team. 

I know its only happened by circumstance but nonetheless, its a nice thing to see. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Great to see a young English manager giving young English players a chance at a top team. 

I know its only happened by circumstance but nonetheless, its a nice thing to see. 

Exactly. I wonder what might have happened to those players if they got another expensive European manager for a season or 2.

This appointment might work well for them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Xela said:

I like Lampard too. It isn’t his fault the media are now calling Chelsea “Frank Lampard’s Chelsea” and, whilst there’s a certain degree of leeway due to the transfer embargo, there’s a fair amount of pressure on him to do well with what he’s got. 

It’s ballsy to play with Mount and Abraham as your prime attacking players given their lack of Premier League experience, but they’re doing well so far. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/10/2019 at 09:55, Zatman said:

Ross Barkley involved in an altercation with a taxi driver on a night out. Some of these guys are idiots

I'll give him credit for using a taxi and not driving home like so many of these muppets do

• Like 1

Yep, they dominated Europe at youth level as well as England yet before lampard took over and played these kids almost out of necessity they only had Christensen and loftus cheek to show for it (only 2 players to break through since terry)

think maybe as much as anything lampard is just showing that keeping footballers happy, giving them that little bollock tickle and letting them play their stuff is all it takes sometimes, sarri with his weird tactics, Roman absent and the fans groaning anywhere but the players is enough to go hiding, with frank in charge they can’t cos he won’t get the stick they will

and they weren’t that bad last year, EL winners, cup finalists, finished 3rd

Â