coda

I find it bizarre that they haven't given him the full season.

I mean, if they wer egetting in a manager immediately, then at least they'd have a plan (even if it would still be the wrong decision)

But if they're leaving Di Matteo in charge for until the summer, why not just leave AVB in charge until then?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if they're leaving Di Matteo in charge for until the summer, why not just leave AVB in charge until then?

some players played with him so probably see him as a mate and RDM looks like somebody who they can persuade to make decisions

The managers job at Chelsea is becoming a joke, you would have to be mad to want it although I guess it comes with a nice pay off at the end.

More than that.

You get a nice pay off, any everyone understands that because of the madness behind the scenes you leave at the end with your reputation virtually intact which doesn't usually happen when you are fired - which the overwhelming majority of managers eventually are.

You'd have to be mad NOT to want it in my opinion.

The managers job at Chelsea is becoming a joke, you would have to be mad to want it although I guess it comes with a nice pay off at the end.

More than that.

You get a nice pay off, any everyone understands that because of the madness behind the scenes you leave at the end with your reputation virtually intact which doesn't usually happen when you are fired - which the overwhelming majority of managers eventually are.

You'd have to be mad NOT to want it in my opinion.

You make a good point.... I will have to ask Tony for an application form, sooner or later at this rate we should all get our turn.

In other news Scholari has just described the prospect of the job for any potential candidates as being a job from hell.

I'd personally be looking at seeing what the odds of AVB replacing 'Arry at Spurs come the end of the season. I think he'd be really good for them personally. Strong manager, who already lives in London.

In regards to Chelsea sacking him... ridiculous. They are still in the top 5, the plan was surely to get to the Summer so he could rebuild the squad??

some players played with him so probably see him as a mate and RDM looks like somebody who they can persuade to make decisions

But I coul dunderstand that if RDM was the long term option. But he's only there until the summer.

If RDM is better than AVB, then why wasn't he already in charge?

If he's not better than AVB, then why not just leave AVB until the summer if they're not going to replace him until then anyway?

Apparently Abramovich blames the players for the manager getting the sack and says there will be action in the summer. I really hope this is true.

source - daily mail

Well if Abramovich knows the players were at fault, why did the AVB get the chop.

because the players are more important than the manager. abromavich is relying on these players to get them into the champions league next season, and if they wont play for AVB its not gonna happen.

the personal critisism AVB got in the papers today was uncalled for, articles written in the sun were clearly written by some journo who couldnt wait to twist the knife, i feel sorry for AVB as he come across as a decent bloke and unlike the other sky4 managers and dalglish, he rarely gave press conferances in an arsy way when things were going tits up. the players get away with it once again.

I'd personally be looking at seeing what the odds of AVB replacing 'Arry at Spurs come the end of the season. I think he'd be really good for them personally. Strong manager, who already lives in London.

be a perfect match and also a young enough team who havent won anything so wouldnt be the divas he at Chelsea. Also his 4-3-3 from Porto would probably work at Spurs

Apparently Abramovich blames the players for the manager getting the sack and says there will be action in the summer. I really hope this is true.

source - daily mail

Well if Abramovich knows the players were at fault, why did the AVB get the chop.

I definitely believe that. AVB is a quality manager who puts a lot of time into his job. I remember watching a video of how he would prepare for games at porto and wow he really put in a lot of effort studying video and making his team the best. I just think the big egos at Chelsea didn't want to change the way they played for such a young and relatively inexperienced manager. I am confident AVB will land a job elsewhere and do well.

I remember watching a video of how he would prepare for games at porto and wow he really put in a lot of effort studying video and making his team the best

Is that not the absolute, bare minimum that you would expect from somebody in a job like that?

I remember watching a video of how he would prepare for games at porto and wow he really put in a lot of effort studying video and making his team the best

Is that not the absolute, bare minimum that you would expect from somebody in a job like that?

Wasn't there an interview recently with Rafael van der Vaart where he said Redknapp didn't really prepare the team at all, just sent them out and told them to play their natural game? I'm sure Arry watches other teams of course, but I suspect managers of the ilk of Redknapp, O'Neill, Warnock etc trust to motivational skills rather than analysing every detail of the opponents.

Anyone else bored of the almost-daily articles from the dressing room saying there's no player power?

How many times is John Terry (the rumoured leader) going to come out and say there is no player power before he just breaks down laughing and says "nah, just kiddin'".

Â