undercharged for meal

ender4

total subjectivity here - like the pub and the people who served you? Give it back to them or as Ponky said, spend the 'bonus' there anyway.

Don't like them? **** it.

Life's little chance to reward / punish being nice / a rocket polisher

I consider myself as a paragon of virtue, but as far as I see it, the pub are totally entitled to charge you what they like, within the remit that you have agreed to spend not less than £x pounds with them.

If they took one look at you and decided you ought to benefit from a special deal, then thats fine. Its not stealing. It's not even profiting by a mistake, in the way a supermarket makes an error on a bar code and suddenly people are queueing up for a box of soap powder at 25p or whatever. However, I would take the point that it's probably worth a return visit and a very decent tip next time....

It happened to me in an Edinburgh pizzaria, where I ordered a veggie pizza, my dining companion ordered the same, but wanted no cheese as she was a vegan. So thats two vegetarians, but ones a vegan, ect. Anyway we then ordered the wine, and it didn't get added to the bill. By the time we left the restaurant the staff were confused, it was 1:00am, and we were the worse for wear and heading straight back to hers, and to be honest, I didn't even check the bill, having figured it would set me back at least £30 and pleased it didn't.

If I ever make it back there, I'll be pleased to leave a decent tip.

why would you do anything????

I would take that as a massive win

I got undercharged by £2 in subway the other week and I realised as I was walking out of the door...did I make them aware of their error...nah

plus the fact that subway is ridiculously overpriced and shit, I dont really know why I went there lol

**** the subway, they are making tons of money as it stands (at least in Singapore).

The pub is a different matter though, support small businesses and hardworking minimum-wage workers right.

And you reckon the staff at Subway don't work hard for minimum wage?

i wouldnt have thought twice about it, it wont happen often thats for sure, if she's had it docked from her wages then she'll have learnt an important lesson but if it sets your mind at ease from my experience of cashing tills the boss probably saw the line that told them how much had been taken on card then the total of the card receipts saw the -£30 saw the 200 odd receipts they need to check through to get to the bottom of it and thought "bollocks" its not like when cash is short you think someone is taking the piss (can you tell it wasnt my business)

ive had it happen in the states where someone at a bar gave me change for $100 rather than $50, happy days IMO

yes i was feeling guilty about the unpaid £30, mainly in case the waitress has to pay it in which case it would probably wipe out most her shift's wages.

i really don't want to cause hardship to someone to who £30 may be a lot of money.

but i take the point of the poster who said that if i give that extra money to the pub now, it won't actually find its way back to the waitress.

i think what i will do is leave it as is, but if/when i go there again, i will leave an extra large tip.

thanks for the advice/comments, i know i can always rely on VT for straight-up advice.

Â