undercharged for meal

ender4

I went out with friends for an evening meal in one of those 'foodie' pubs on Saturday night.

Had a nice meal, and the bill came for the correct amount.

We were splitting the bill, and so the waitress charged each credit card in turn. I was pretty drunk at the time, and so only vaguely glanced at the amount.

Today i looked at my credit card slip in my wallet, and i realise i was charged £30 less than i should have been. Spoken to my friends, they were charged correctly.

So what should i do now?

ring up the pub and tell them that they have undercharged me?

why would you do anything????

I would take that as a massive win

I got undercharged by £2 in subway the other week and I realised as I was walking out of the door...did I make them aware of their error...nah

plus the fact that subway is ridiculously overpriced and shit, I dont really know why I went there lol

why would you do anything????

I would take that as a massive win

I got undercharged by £2 in subway the other week and I realised as I was walking out of the door...did I make them aware of their error...nah

plus the fact that subway is ridiculously overpriced and shit, I dont really know why I went there lol

**** the subway, they are making tons of money as it stands (at least in Singapore).

The pub is a different matter though, support small businesses and hardworking minimum-wage workers right.

I went out with friends for an evening meal in one of those 'foodie' pubs on Saturday night.

Had a nice meal, and the bill came for the correct amount.

We were splitting the bill, and so the waitress charged each credit card in turn. I was pretty drunk at the time, and so only vaguely glanced at the amount.

Today i looked at my credit card slip in my wallet, and i realise i was charged £30 less than i should have been. Spoken to my friends, they were charged correctly.

So what should i do now?

ring up the pub and tell them that they have undercharged me?

Two options here...

a) Say "BONUS" loudly to yourself, and then forget about it.

B) Divide the £30 betweeen you and the number of friends who paid. Hand out the money equally so you all share the discount. Then all say "bonus" in a quieter voice. Then forget about it.

:thumb:

When that happened when i worked in a restaurant (one of Lincolnshires finest) it would be taken out of the tips to make the float correct. The chances of the staff seeing that money is slim because you'll be giving the money to the owners or management. Just tip a little more next time you go. (That is if it works anything like the restaurant i worked at)

the £30 shortfall will almost certainly come out of the waitresses pocket

if she's fit go back and see her directly to address the repayment , might get to do her up the wrong un as a reward for your honesty

the £30 shortfall will almost certainly come out of the waitresses pocket

if she's fit go back and see her directly to address the repayment , might get to do her up the wrong un as a reward for your honesty

Although technically having paid her beforehand that would be prostitution.

This isn't me saying you shouldn't do Tony's suggestion, though.

My response would be to consider how overpriced their food is - if they charge like a wounded bull for stuff you'd get for half the price elsewhere, pocket the money and say no more. Alternatively, if you feel a bit guilty but unsure about returning it just go back there for a meal and spend it at their place and maybe buy an extra course or something.

I once had a lovely meal with the Missus at a nice Italian restaurant and went to pay the bill when their eft machine went on the blink. As I had no cash at the time they ended up giving me the bill and told me I could pay it next time we went there.

Next time we went there was 3 months later and we produced the old bill & paid it before being seated. They were gobsmacked, had totally forgotten about it assuming they'd never see us again. Needless to say we got the VIP treatment for our meal that night.

General chat? Things that cheer you up?

This really needed its own topic? I wouldnt have even given it another thought, upon seeing the receipt id smile, shrug my shoulders and get on with my life. Bloody hell :P

''things that cheer you up?''

this has no place in a thread like that the OP was obviously caught in a bit of a dilemma about what to do with said receipt and certainly didn't come across as though this ''stroke of luck'' cheered him up at all

I welcome this topic with open arms and hope that our responses have helped you decide what to do with the burden you are now carrying

JUST TAKE THE **** MONEY!!!!

Yeah reading that post back it comes across as a bit grumpy, sorry :P

Still dont think its a biggie though. Where was it out of interest? As I may go for a cheap lunch soon.

dont try and worm your way back into his good books now

the damage is done

Â